Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ...

ixoixo

E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ? :))))))))

What is a MUST for business phone on the ONE FIRST HOMESCREEN :

1) Clock

2) E-Mail

3) Calendar

And this is - AT LEAST !

Nokia – are you kidding? It’s real business phone now with Belle?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ? :))))))))

ixoixo +1 !

I'm so dissapointed over my E6 Bell now....I decieded this was my last Nokia phone over after ten years...

Sorry Nokia, but you really lost sens for bussines....E6 is not the cehapest phone, but for sure the most unsupported ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strelamcqueen

I'm still waiting for the upgrade, software under creation.

However, I can't believe the posts here. One would think if Nokia does anything good at all?!

OK, go and buy an HTC, iPhone, whatever. Then be honest and compare what you give ($$) and what you get (usability).
If you buy a phone, compare phone features and performance. If you want/buy a tablet, then compare tablets, not phones.

I'm sure no HTC/iPhone can be as useful as E71 / 72 / 6 regarding mailing. Nice(r) interface is just a mask. Hard keys cannot be replaced by touch screen keys.

What's that you expect from a business phone?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@strelamcqueen: Full ACK!

There are very few good business phones out in the wild.

Better get an iPhone? Well, have fun typing and using the castrated calender and contact manager.

Better get an Android? Ok, there's the Desire Z from HTC which has a neat hardware keyboard. Trying to sync your data with Outlook? Have fun finding an app that actually doesn't screw up at this.

Better get a Blackberry? Well, probably the most reasonable alternative.

If I read the words "iPhone" and "Android" in the same context as "business phone", I honestly believe this to be a good joke!

Sorry guys, Nokia's current portfolio of Symban-powered business phones are the devices actually satsifying business needs (besides Blackberry, probably). I have not seen a single competitor that features a good calendar, contact manager, email program and sufficient Outlook synchronization. Those are capabilities that Nokia is just good at.

Maniac

Please use plain text.
ixoixo

@maniac_2k and @strelamcqueen

Indeed.

E6+Anna was great business phone.

But not current E6+Bella because of reasons I wrote...

E6 with Bella is not so useful as business phone in compare with E6 + Anna.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

At least we need at least new email notification in the home screen.

For Whatsapp, if there is a new message arrives, there is a pop up in the screen.

I really dont know why it is so difficult for Nokia to put such simple feature in Belle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@JWHK

Fair enough! I agree on that issue. Email notification belongs into the status bar on the top.

@ixoixo:

You do have the possibility to put your desired info onto your primary home screen (the one showing after start up). There are widgets for clock, calendar and email. In fact, the time is being shown permanently in the status bar since Belle. If the new Calendar Widget is too primitive for your needs, try ComingNext from the Nokia Store or create a shortcut to the calendar, which will show you your summary for the day (given the split screen feature is activated)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

I also suggest to put back the 'date' on the status bar on the top. At the moment, only 'time' is shown.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

The E6 with Belle is great. Don't know what everyone is complaining about here.

Date:

You have it on the standby/lock screen as well as if you pull in any clock widget. And it's only 1 click away on the dedicated calendar button anyway.

Mail notification:

Just pull in a mail widget on any home screen. Though it would be nice to have it in the status bar and not sure why it isn't there, just having it in the mail widget gets you all the info as well.

Clock:

It's premanently in the status bar already

Calendar:

You can pull in a calendar widget or just use the dedicated button.

And the E6 has the best battery life of any smartphone. Maybe not the week or so promised but at least 2 days which no other smartphone managed to pull off nowadays.

P!

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

Where can you find the date on the top status bar?

I can only see time in mine, perhaps setting problems?

Yes, you can find most information by one click. But we want most information without any click!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

pohlipit wrote:

The E6 with Belle is great. Don't know what everyone is complaining about here.

Ok, let's be more specific. Which advantages do Belle's widgets like E-mail or Calendar have over Anna's same widgets in your opinion?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mappo82

I agree, E6 is (was?) a business device, it cannot look like Android or Bada or whatever else...

With Anna I had a lot of info "at a glance", as the widgets were compact. Now everything has to be in different homescreens and that's annoying.

I want back the business phone I once had, not a small-displayed Android phone!

I hope Nokia will read our comments and provide us (E6 owners) with a decent, possibly dedicated, Belle update. Because E6 is just not like N8 etc...

Thanks in advance, Nokia...

Please use plain text.
PDZovi

[ Edited ]

I believe Nokia did has Belle customized for E6, because there is no BIG GEAR CLOCK widget for the device compared with X7, N8, C7,etc. Maybe it's too large. 

but I wonder why E6 didn't get  weather widget &  small music player widget.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
safers

ixoixo wrote:

What is a MUST for business phone on the ONE FIRST HOMESCREEN :

1) Clock

2) E-Mail

3) Calendar

And this is - AT LEAST !

Nokia – are you kidding? It’s real business phone now with Belle?

Totally agree!
Belle for E6 is fault.
I need that all information on one home screen, as before was in Anna, not for each - email, calendar separately. It is useless!
Please use plain text.
Raidenn

Maybe I am missing something but I kind of prefer them on separate screens actually. Easier to manage and more info on the widgets. And about switching of screens... come on.. swipe of a finger people!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Fully agree. You can't make everyone happy anyway. If you have too small widgets people complain that they don't offer enough info, then you go the other way and people complain again.
If someone doesn't like Bell just download the Anna firmware and downgrade.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
MZero

But, how can you downgrade?
That can damage your phone beyond repair?
Please use plain text.
Cihan

We, e6 users were waiting battery life, wifi, web browser solutions, not widget or visual changes. Speed is ok on Belle but we all choosed this phone for our business works. We want to see all information on our home screen at least like Anna.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maartenreinders

[ Edited ]

Exactly!

My disappointment is getting bigger by the hour, i think i'll smash my E6, and go back to the e72 and never ever buy a nokia again! (the e6 was nokia nr. 8..)

Please use plain text.
jkor

Nokia Care Center in Hungary is telling me it is impossible to officially downgrade to Anna. My personal opinion is that Belle is a stinking pile of **bleep** compared to Anna but that is not the point: Nokia should let users decide.

As a customer I do expect to have the option to choose: can you try Belle before upgrading? I think not. Upgraded and now I am stuck with this **bleep**. 

So...**bleep** you Nokia, E6 with Belle was the last piece of **bleep** device you cheated me with.

Please use plain text.