Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ...

Counsellor
typothecary

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ? :))))))))

@hooker1uk  - yes, I'm sure I will eventually get used to Belle, but I'm really, really sorry that I have to, for the specific reasons I wrote on this post.

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/Questions-before-i-buy-the-E6/m-p/1352361#M103543

I didn't want or need a brand new phone. I only "upgraded" because I believed them when they said it was "better", but "better" to the designers clearly isn't better for me, and a lot of other people on this thread. I was hoping for improved battery life, but that hasn't happened. Instead I'm just annoyed that I'm on that "new phone learning curve" and having to remember new paths into the same old applications.

Please use plain text.
lee_best

NOKIA, what have you done to my E6? Before the Belle update, I had mail, calendar, 4 shortcuts, time, date, profile and call/text/mail updates on one screen! With Belle, you have DISABLED my phone.

The only credible phone for my needs is the E6! I really don't want to go to the Berry and I have resisted so far due to the unreliability I have seen and the Nokia 'just works'. That's all I need for a business phone!

i upgraded to Belle on the basis that the functionality of my business phone would improve. Unfortunately, it is now the most user-unfriendly phone for my needs.

With such a crocked update, I would have thought I would have had the opportunity to downgrade my phone back to the system that just works!

Nokia, you have let me down. I have used the E65, E71, E72 and now the E6 but I am finding it difficult to make my next phone a Nokia unless you sort out these issues or at least keep YOUR customers informed. i would never dream of providing a sub standard product and then ignoring my business lifeblood, MY CUSTOMERS.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dexu

I agree with you. I want my good old E6 back, the one I bought.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

[ Edited ]

yip E6 is a great disappointment with Belle, Social client (1.3.250 is incompatible with Belle for my product code anyway, according to Nokia support) how you release an OS with nokia's own integrated apps not working is pathetic, battery life is half what it was, D Pad functionality is poor, integration is poor, and they haven't even got the formatting for the E6's screen size right (when signing into Nokia acct the sign in button is half cut off by bottom of screen, just one example), and you can see the Belle for E6 comes from the N8, I still get tips on using the dedicated camera button to quickly get to camera mode (THE E6 HAS NO CAMERA BUTTON), the E6 is no longer a decent business phone but an orphan of Belle... sad but true! and my last Nokia (after 7 years of being an ardent Nokia supporter), when the basics are not and never seem to get sorted its time to move on...

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

After 9 months of using E6 I just say, Belle was a huge leap forward, even for E6.
I have done the hard work to fix calender widget and installed Mobile documents to make it work for business use and now it is running far better than on Anna.
I agree that Nokia should take back a smaller clock widget, but the calender widget is best to use coming next 7/24/365 so to speak.
Email widget is the the only thing that I just cant understand but most people like that big one...well, I use mobile documentss widget and I have tweaked fonts with font magnifier to 135% so it is easy to read the emails in the mobile documents application.

One interestingwidget is coming for emails on Belle PR1 for E6. An icon that shows a letter sign when an email has arrived. Perfect for mail accounts that isnt that important to see right away but just to see an email motification is quiet enough for 2-3 other email accounts.
The most annoying thing in my opinion is other cosmetic things in the built in facebook app and webbrowser (rows with standard info that isnt necessary)...considering small screen size. I agree that there are cosmetic issues but overall a huge improvement of speed, stability and actually most i can think of right now.

Try out coming next, mobile documents for your important email account and settings of font magnifier). You will be surprised over functionalty I think.

I hope that Nokia tweak some useful widgets and bear in mind the small screen.

Better of course, release a new E6 with 2.9 screen....

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Glad its working for you Ztuka (after quite some effort on your part), but Nokia need to release an update SPECIFICALLY for the E6 to address the many issues that exist at present...whether they will remains to be seen, but if not (after 7years of being an ardent Nokia fan) I'll get a smartphone that works properly as a business phone without all the glitches and formatting issues (I still get tips to use the camera button to access the camera, the E6 has no camera button..) Nokia apps that are not properly formatted, widgets that are not working properly, messaging that sometimes works (text input), app store that crashes, Social that does not work for my product code etc etc etc...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arde_fin

Nokia just released a Belle FP1 update, for 603, 700 and 701. And first reviews tell that it's working.

Hopefully we E6 owners get an update (products specific!) too, sooner the better.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

hope when it arrives its been properly formatted for E6 and isn't a hatchet job from the N8... we'll wait and see! if it even gets to the E6... I haven't got much faith in Nokia these days, but there's always hope.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Nokia's silence on a decent update for Belle on E6 is not very inspiring... not talking about the FP1 (unless it deals with some or all of the many issues been raised on this forum in relation to Belle on E6)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adventor

It is very disappointing to learn that Nokia has done absolutely nothing to compensate E6+Anna users for the loss of functionality (email folders, remote drive), crippled interface (web browser way too small, D-pad navigation lacking and inconsistent), loss of usable screen area in calendar, battery-draining white note-taking screen), not to mention the dysfunctional big widgets, in Belle. I haven't been able to use the E6 after the "upgrade" because some of the things missing in Belle I needed for my job, no way around that.

But the whole experience has been rewarding nevertheless: it is such a joy to use an old N900 every day again! And I must admit: even compared to Anna. The build quality is great, the touch screen is real easy to operate (especially with the stylus), the web browser does everything right, the screen is big and easy to read, all email accounts can be used with all of their folders, the autofocus camera is absolutely superb, there is built-in Jabber IM, the keyboard is good, there is loads of nice software, .. and: no-one prohibits you to flash it with whatever firmware you like (disclaimer: not too old or it won't read the SIM card). It may not be modern, it may not be hot, it may not look flashy, but it is a really good solid business phone. Just be patient when answering and ending calls, as that part of the UI is not fast and responsive.

Because the N900 is long out of support, I bought a second one as a backup. When both break I may start thinking about Blackberry. Maybe.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

What about an android phone with qwerty, android 2.3 , touchscreen and dual sim??:smileyvery-happy:

samsung galaxy y pro duos I think thats a blackberry killer. E6 killer,too:smileyhappy:

my tip: Gt-B5512

Now nokia- you gonna lose more market!!give us some updates or me for example gonna change that E6 into the Samsung and try some good apps at android market!!of course there are Email notifications in this samsung!!WOW!

for nokia thats a problem...for almost 6 months right now!! there is no update...and i ithing they wont do no updates any more!! they are producing chaep qwerty phones like asha 200 or 300 with qwerty..but hey!! whe are E6 users and E6 is not perfect, so please!!fix first the E6!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MerlinPowered

+1. I couldn't wait for the Belle update, and now that I have it I can't wait to get rid of it. Its made my E6 counter intuative to use. It is a great phone, I just want the functionality back.

Please use plain text.