Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 Vibration alert

Ankur2012

E6 Vibration alert

Hi,

I was planning to buy a nokia E6.. But I read here in the forum that its vibration alert is not stong enough.. one may not feel the vibration in his pocket.. some views on that please..

Secodly, how strong/weak is the vibration alert as compared to the nokia N70 (i presently use one)?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

I have a E6, and yes, the vibrationalert is not so stron. Bug go in a shopp and check it out for yourself!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Yes. I have purchased E6 yesterday and I have also found that Vibration alert is almost NIL. I have missed 5 calls during the day.

and the notification light is almost not there.

I hope Nokia is reading all the problem posts written about E6 and act accordingly, and that too fast.

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seahji

I have used the E Series phones since it came out. Just switched from E72 to E6.  The vibration alert is almost non existent.  This is one of the many problems that the E6 has.  The battery life, the connectivity options, etc are a whole bunch of issues that the E^ faces which the previous models did not.  Come on Nokia, you can do better than this!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

There are some other issues which did not occur in E71 nor E72, such as the screensaver clock. The "big Clock" just disappears a few seconds after the screen turns off. I was using cClock in my E72 but now my 'watch' is gone, everytime when I want to check the time, I have to press one button to watch up the screen.

Another major issue is the availability of apps. Not many apps are available for Anna yet, such as the email client "Emoze" and I can't find it in Ovi Store.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

i was so happy when i got the E6, but if they dont't fix these 3 bugs soon, i'm never going to by a Nokia again:

Notification Light.

Vibration alert.

Install and Uninstall (phone freez)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlashIssue

yes, there is huge problem of Vibration alert in Nokia E-6.

I have been using this phone last more than a month and hv missed losts of call because of this... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

After resoft, the vibrations are better, but still unsatisfying.

Nokia has to do something about this, they can't possibly call this a business phone!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

I have installed Fring on the E6.

When I receive a message, in silent mode, the vibration is gr8. It really is normal-strong.

So this is a SW Problem. Nokia can fix it!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlashIssue

Hope Nokia will look in to Vibration alert issue !!!

Please use plain text.
itsmejuvin

ya
iam too using nokia e6 from last two weeks.
And iam really unsatisfied wth d software.
The connectivity and vibration alerts r the major issues wth ths one.
Common nokia u r not new in ths field.
Make up soon.. B4 e6 loosing its name
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

is there any app to solve this problem?
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Thank you for you feedback. I am investigating this. 

Have you seen the problem with vibrations alert on all profiles, or only when the Silent profile is active? On that case check that the Vibration alerts is activated on the profile.

What are the settings you changed from default on the profile?

Have you seen problems with both of; receiving calls and text messages?

Does the low vibration appear every time on your E6-00 device?

Does it appear on the every home screen?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

Yes, as I noticed it could be a power saving problem!

If you use apps for notification light or vibration, the phone performance is much better.

The Problem appears whit every profile, regardless if we are talking about phone ore message vibrations.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FlashIssue

Thanks a lot for looking in to this...

Yes, the problem is for all the profiles whether it is for Silent or general or anyother profile...

The vibration is there but its very bad, if cell is in my pocket then its impossible to recognize call :smileysad:

The problem is for both i.e. receiving calls and text messages...

Yes, the low vibration appears every time on my E6.

and YES, it appear on the every home screen (Bad Vibration)

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Thank you for feedback @Andrei1987 @FlashIssue and others.

I have forwarded this onwards to engineering.

Please use plain text.
charlykay

Hello everybody, is there anything new on this issue? I have the same problem.

Is there any app that can make the phone vibrate stronger?
Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

No app, and no Info about this!

Maybe in 2 months! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hanna2902

Nokia should solve the Vibration alert problem and the notification light problem as soon as possible!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Andrei1987

[ Edited ]

They should, but as we all can see, nothing official, nothing is promised, nothing is scheduled. They don't even admit there's a problem, just send the phone to Nokia care so they can give you another one whit the same problems!

What are they w8ing for? Should I buy another usable phone before they fix my problem? I paid them the price, it's their fault, their responsibility that my phone dons't work!!!!!!!!!

I missed an important job-offer phone-call because I didn't sense the phone vibrating.

THIS IS NOT NORMAL!

Please use plain text.