Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 Wired headphone out issue

Ashu_m

E6 Wired headphone out issue

When i plug in the e6 wired headphone i feel that there some room for it to move around downwards and sideward. This turns on/off the left speaker of the headset. If the phone sits in your pocket and you walk around, it makes the left speaker go on/off constantly. This is clearly faulty hardware.

Question: is it my phone, or are there other phones out there with the same issue.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Is this the one you got with the phone,ive noticed this behavior with the E71/E72 taking all this into account none are music orientated devices including the E6

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ashu_m

No, this is with the Nokia in-ear headphone I got seperatly. I also have the same issue with Shure E530 headphones and any other 3.5mm plug I could find. I did not have this issue with the E72, so I really suspect it is an E6 problem. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

I have to say the headphone socket on my E6 has a nice snug fit with my Sennheiser headphones. No loose wobbles at all.

I've not tried the cheap and nasty headphones supplied in the box with the E6 itself.
Please use plain text.
rangdrol

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Shure earphone as well as headphone. I realised the part of the headphone plug expose out due to the slanted edge.
Please use plain text.
udit_malhotra

Thats True, I Also Saw The Same Thing On My Handset !
Please use plain text.
Sage

The E6 is brand new and well within it's warranty period. Your problems with the headphone socket would very much appear to be a parts/manufacturing fault and therefore be covered by the warranty.

The only way you are going to have this problem resolved is to either have it repaired at a Nokia service centre or return it to the seller and ask for a replacement.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

If your device exhibits this issue, please cionsult your neqrest Nokia Care point.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
coolavi369

Bro i can understand your problem because even i am facing the same issue in my E6. I took it to nokia care and even they agreed that its a hardware problem.....i got it replced as it was in warranty period but again facing same issue.....guess its a manufacturing defect
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

Very resourceful but as we can't discuss disassembly of devices (which I know it isn't in this case) I hope your post is left in place; you would probably be surprised how few would have either the dexterity or patience to carry this through.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matthewkuhl

The headset performance on this phone drove me to it through frustration. Although it took a few tries, it really was not that big of a deal.

i posted this on a couple other similar threads. i hope people will be willing to take a few minutes to correct the problem rather than lose their phone for who knows how long by sending it to Nokia's repair facilities.

ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

The glitch which is very annoying exists on perhaps every single E6..

I have experienced this on 3 (three) E6-devices and will test it on a fourth one in a couple of days.

All devices have been sent in for this problem (among others)...not a single one have been repaired.

The problem is there and it is even greater problem that you cant change the volume on bluetooth headsets also on E6.

So no back up plan so to speak for having volume freedoom without hazzle

This among other problems with E6 makes (me) sending a couple of E6 back for repair...I guess this issue(ues) will not be taken care of.

It has been an ongoing issue...

These problems are not acceptable.

:smileysad:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matthewkuhl

i see the suggested fix i posted has been removed. i am kinda curious why a solution that will work is being removed when it saves Nokia time and money as well as frustrations on the customer's part. People have already posted that Care is unable to rectify this fault.
ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matthewkuhl

This issue can be fixed in minutes at home with a sewing needle, if you are willing to do it yourself. Just get some good lighting going on and look for all the contact points in the jack and "help them out of their caves."
ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.