Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 cant connect to internet via usb cable

Contributor
rebulanyum
Accepted Solution

E6 cant connect to internet via usb cable

Hello,

My phone is Nokia E6. I've installed Nokia Suite (v: 3.6.36)  on my pc.

I connect usb cable to E6 and pc. Run Nokia Suite. And then I connect my pc to internet. I expect E6 will connect too but it's just not working. 

Can you help me on this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@rebulanyum

Have you tried both via Bluetooth and USB connectivity as per this resource?http://www.nokia.com/hk-en/support/product/e6-00/troubleshooting/?qt=Modem&comp=nokiatroubleshooting...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rebulanyum

@aspergerguy

That resource says "You can use your device as a modem to connect your PC or laptop to internet in the following way:...". Well I don't need to connect my pc to internet: My pc can connect to internet by itself. I just want to connect E6 device to internet via usb cable connected to my pc (which is connected to internet.

Actually I was able to do that before I took my device to Nokia offical care shop for reseting it. Now Everything is working except this feature. What else it can be?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Not sure if Message 4 here is of any help ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rebulanyum

I thought that this functionality is provided by Nokia Suite. I guess I must do it from pc's.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matthewkuhl

The only way you will be able to use your PC's internet connection to connect your E6 to the internet is to use WiFi. The USB mode "Connect PC to internet" is to use your device's connection to get your PC on the internet, not the other way around.

If you have a WiFi router, turn WiFi on on your phone and then open the wireless manager and set up a connection to your broadcast.

Sorry about that confusion, brother.

ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.