Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 manual/physical notification light fix

Contributor
x2x3x2

E6 manual/physical notification light fix

Not for the touchy, but I've found a way to fix the problem of the notification light on the E6.

It's as simple as taking a fine grit sandpaper pad and buff off the chrome paint coating on the d-pad (just the raised part, not the middle/select button)

I dont know if this voids the warranty, but hey at least you finally can to see the twinkly notification light we all missed form the E71/72.

Enjoy! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vuongbre

would you be able to post a picture of the result? does it look ugly after sanding?

thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
albyzas

I'm not sure if I could "hurt" my phone like this! :smileysad: But I have to agree, it's a way out.

Otherwise, personally me, I don't miss the "difficult-to-see-notification-light". can live with that!

Nokia E6-00
Please use plain text.
Sage
andy232

Post a picture!

Nokias: 232, 3210, 3330, 6230, 6101, 6021, 6126, E75, E73, N900, N8, E6, E7, N9. There's a Samsung in there somewhere too, but...we don't talk about that.
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

Yeah, A picture, Or it didn't happen. :smileytongue:

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
720p

That's pretty funny.. you buy a bussiness phone hoping for the best. :smileyhappy:

Then you need to fix nokia's design flaws with sandpaper, search on nokia betalabs for a store application that works, becaouse the bundle one is not working, wait for some firmware fixes for wifi and eventually you will end up with a good phone :smileymad:

Please use plain text.