Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6, the orphan of Belle...Social incompatible huh?...

Counsellor
Jostian007

E6, the orphan of Belle...Social incompatible huh??

Where does one start, I was so hopeful with the update to Belle, but after the Belle update its been very disappointing, battery life is halved compared to Anna, so many of the apps (even Nokia acct login page) have not been formatted for the E6 screen (sign in button half cut off by screen), many connection and integration issues/errors AND my favourite: Nokia Social is incompatible with Belle (from Nokia support) Social just says network/connection unavailable the whole time.

HOW THE HELL does nokia release an OS with its own apps being incompatible?? its laughable, and then Nokia support say yes sorry Social does not work on E6 with Belle but there are 3rd party apps you can use...which does not help me cos when I'm in Gallery I now cannot use the Share function as Social doesn't work!! just pathetic, Nokia should just 'bury' Symbian and be done with it, if this is how they treat their 'premium business phones' I wish them luck they'll need it...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Re: E6, the orphan of Belle...Social incompatible huh??

Jostian007 wrote:

AND my favourite: Nokia Social is incompatible with Belle (from Nokia support) Social just says network/connection unavailable the whole time.

That's strange, I have Social ver. 1.3.250 running on my E6 Belle, which I received via Nokia Suite as update. But I'm quite disappointed with it's performance, as loading any of my Facebook message conversations is extremely slow, each step takes roughly 30sec even with fast WiFi connection. So I'm using Facebook with Opera Mobile instead, it's much faster.

But I must agree that many apps are poorly adapted for E6. Most annoying is a crippled d-pad support, d-pad is not fully functional even in such essential apps as Clock/Alarm, Nokia Store, E-mail etc.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Re: E6, the orphan of Belle...Social incompatible huh??

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have 1.3.250 running too, but I think the problem is probably related to Network issues because Nokia Support Africa have replied to me saying Social is not compatible with Belle on E6, I just get "Network unavailable" error EVERY SINGLE time I try run social, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it too but it doesn't help (must be some network related issue) not sure, but still unacceptable...I'm in South Africa

Please use plain text.