Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E63 constantly restarts

Sage

[ Edited ]

None of the the resets will work (hard reset, soft reset, factory reset even * + 3 + call reset. I had a firmware upgrade to the 200 one and the restarts went away. =)

I heard there's a 400 version, I haven't tried that one yet. I can't get it online in my country at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
acedavid29

I have experinced the same problem. My phone kept restartin after every 7-8mins.

So I finallly did a software update to the latest 500 one.. but since the phone kept restartin during the update.. I dont know if it was successfully udated.

The phone did come on but again, the restartin continued, I then did a Hard reset andd a restore to company default. but still no proogress... the restartin continued.

Finally went to nokia and gave in my phone for the company to check it out.

Guess what , When i returned home and put the sim in another phone (motorola)

the same restartin started .

So I guess Its my SIM which is corrupeted. Gonna get a new one with the same no. and then put it in my repaired nokia e63.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mgscw

I've read all the posts as my Nokia E63 started to reboot every minute or so.  One of the posts caught my eye.  They said the phone reboots more when laying flat on a table or desk.  I opened the battery compartment , took a Post it, folded it in half and placed it at the bottom of the battery.  Closed the cover and turned back on.  Ran much better without rebooting.  This solved 80% of the problem.  THE BATTERY IS LOSING CONTACT AND THAT'S WHY IT'S REBOOTING!  Took a further look at the battery cover and saw that it was not sturdy enough to hold the battery in place.  Put a piece of tape in the middle of each side of the battery compartment to hold it tightly to the phone.  Problem 98% solved.  Upgraded phone software.  Problem 100% solved during the last five days.  NOKIA YOU HAVE A GREAT PHONE BUT YOU HAVE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!    I feel sorry for all of you that spent money to have your phone fixed.

Please use plain text.

My Nokia E63 only restarts on opening "Camera" and "Phone Settings"

soft reset hard reset and even Flashing the device didnt solve the problem.

i checked it with and without sim card , with and without memory card inserted . but no luck

can anybody help?

Please use plain text.