Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E63 yahoo messenger

Registered Member

E63 yahoo messenger

hi!

i just got my E63 a few days ago and i was wondering how do i get yahoo messenger app on my phone. cause it says that you can use YM as part of the phone feature.

tnx :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: E63 yahoo messenger

i'd love to have that too...

can anyone out there help? plzzzz

regards,

anupam149 

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure if we can have install yahoo messenger on E63 but we can login to Yahoo's web based messenger.

Try this url http://uk.mobile.yahoo.com/messenger

Regards,

Nara

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hey hi everyone...

i'll give u the best solution...

i installed "nimbuzz" on my e63 yesterday...

i had it installed on my previous phone 6265 also...but at that time nimbuzz didnt support many messenger services...

but now its great..you can add friends from gtalk, yahoo, windows live, facebook, skype...& many others...

just visit its website...

i added friends from  gtalk & yahoo yesterday...its great...works absolutely fine with e63...

yahoo messenger service from YAHOO itself is also available but that is not at all good...try visiting "getjar.com"...u'll find many java applications there...but not as good as nimbuzz...

go try it..hope it helps you too :smileyhappy:

add kudos if it helps :smileyvery-happy:

regards,

anupam149

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

Below is the settings for activating Yahoo Messenger in the IM section of E63.

Server Name            : Yahoo

Acces Point in use   : Provide your access point

Web Address          : http://imps.next.msg.yahoo.com/gateway

userid:your yahoo user ID

Password : Your yahoo password

Enjoy yahoo IM direct from you E63 !! Click Kudos if this solves your problem !

Please use plain text.
Contributor

please note... All the settings have to be made at the "IM" application present in communication category of E63. You dont have to install any yahoo client on the phone. You can use the built in IM of E63 and use Yahoo Messenger on it.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks a lot ramkishore_84

i found this solution after searching on google also...thanks for posting it here

this works for me...even though i must say there is quite a lot of delay in receiving messages on cell from messenger...

when you send a message, it reaches immediately to the receiver...but when that person sends u a msg, it takes arnd 1 minute to appear on your cell...

i tried it quite a lot of times, each time same problem...

so nimbuzz (1st preference) & ebuddy (2nd preference) are my more favoured ones...

regards,

anupam149

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jeahavee

The perfect solution is Palringo www.palringo.com you can us just about any messanger login inclused facebook (beta). I use it everyday works great. Also has some "groups" that you can add like a Wii group.
Samsung Galaxy S4 'Black' (current)
My N9 Black (backup phone)
My N8 Green runnin Xeon^4 3.2.1
My E72 White
My E63 BLUE

http://www.youtube.com/Jeahavee
http://www.reverbnation.com/jeahavee

Stop with the popup notes Nokia sheesh I don't need help from you :/
I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit/Black Opal on my HP Dv6 1030us (DiViUs)
Windows 7 64 bit Pro and Black Opal on my custom desktop (Giniro)
Please use plain text.

I'm trying to do this but my E63 unlocked brand new service with at&t is missing the IM setting. I removed the sim card turned on the phone i still don't have that setting. Looked at the manual it says I should have it but Its missing please help.in my Menu >Communic > no IM , Call mailbox, contact internet tel, Messagin, 1-touch and an app I add email.

Nokia E63-2

RM-449

Please use plain text.
Advisor

IM isn't dependent on SIM Card.
Your E63 isn't like ours .
You have E63-2 while we have E63-1.
I don't know whether you can get nokia IM as a separate application , but until then use one of the following messengers:
Nimbuzz (the best) , Slick ,Fring , Palringo , Ebuddy (java) , Windows live messenger

They are all free search for 'em in google.
Have a nice day.
Ayman Ahmed
Please use plain text.
Advisor

whatch this
Ayman Ahmed
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hi zamboonloon,

i'd suggest you to contact nokia as soon as possible

ya its true that having E63-2 might have something to do with not having an inbuilt IM...u see other forum posts where people with different E63 versions especially 2 & 3...see the post "E63 hiss sound"...m not sure if the topic is exactly this but if you try to search E63 hiss, you'll find that post...there are people in that post from australia (e63-3) and one more i don't remember correctly who has e63-2...you ask them if they have this same problem...

rest nimbuzz, ebuddy etc will definately help

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

can messengers stay online  in E63.

so that voicecalls can be made always

is this possible 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

yes...just dont exit the messengers, they'll stay online...

just close the messenger window i.e. go BACK from messenger to the installations menu...

the messenger would continue working in the background...

the only thing to worry in this case is that if you are using the messenger in wifi & you keep it running & move out, it'll start using the GPRS connection which won't be free as in case of wifi

so if that doesn't matter you, you can be online all time :smileyhappy:

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Okay I am using nimbuzz and its quite decent. My main issue is when a new IM arrives the Nokia e63-2 vibrates and makes a sound but there is no flashing icon or a non flashing icon anywhere on the home screen that indicates that a new IM has arrived. Am I doing something wrong here or is this a limitation of Nimbuzz or S60?  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

well the alert for new IM is the vibration & beep sound or something like that

nimbuzz has been built to provide IM facility & is compatible with various devices...the e63 has not been custom built for nimbuzz...so i don't think it'll provide any alert option on the home screen for IM alerts...especially with 3rd party s/ws like nimbuzz...the flash icons are provided for inbuilt missed call & message alerts...

may be nimbuzz can be requested thru its forum to include such an option

hence you may call it a limitation of nimbuzz

regards,

anupam149
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

anupam149 

Thanks for your reply. I shall try out the other IMs apps that are compatible with the phone first and determine if I need to reach out to Nimbuzz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

You can also try shMessenger, it's free: www.shmessenger.ro or www.shmessenger.ro/wap (from the phone directly)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hello there. you can use "imps.msg.yahoo.com" for your web address in the IM settings. You may also want to refer to a guide i made on How to setup Yahoo Messenger with the Nokia e63 IM Client.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks a lo

i found this solution after searching on google also...thanks for posting it here

this works for me...even though i must say there is quite a lot of delay in receiving messages on cell from messenger...

when you send a message, it reaches immediately to the receiver...but when that person sends u a msg, it takes arnd 1 minute to appear on your cell...

i tried it quite a lot of times, each time same problem...

so nimbuzz (1st preference) & ebuddy (2nd preference) are my more favoured ones...

regards,

zuhaib shah

plz sir solution is foucd i m very worried this set nokia e63.

Please use plain text.