Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E66 (How do I lock the keypad without closing the ...

Sage
Accepted Solution

E66 (How do I lock the keypad without closing the lid)

Hi,

Is there a way to lock the keypad on E66 without (opening up and then) closing the lid?

Sometimes I just use it without opening the lid up, and when I'm done, I wanna lock back the keys without the need of waiting for the set time.

Please don't tell me to decrease the keypad time out value; cuz it's already more annoying to see the keypad locked before you realize...

All I need is a way to manually lock the keypad.

I really find it hard to stick on this phone. It IS absolutely undependable. I'd love to see anyone object me on this, so I'll have reason to believe mine is faulty...

Yours,
Emre
Please use plain text.
Sage
skanker

Re: E66 (How do I lock the keypad without closing the lid)

Hi sodalimon,

I also need to lock keypad with slider open in my E65 and I use a little app called "Keylock" that is nothing more than a shortcut that automatically locks the keypad.
I have it as an active standby screen app.

It's freeware, check it at: http://symbianwebblog.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/application-of-the-week-keylock/

I guess it works also with E66 (s60 3rd fp1)

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks so much for your help, really appreciated :smileyhappy: You're a life saver :smileyvery-happy:

I almost thought I was saved; but, even after signing I just couldn't find a spot to place the bookmark :smileysad:

Cause my phone gives me just 6, yes not more than 6 shortcuts and they're all used :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
skanker

Hello,

as far as I know, you can define an application to a long key press.
I read somewhere the keys would let you personalize short and long presses differently).
So you could assign the app to a less used key or something.

Otherwise, I can sugest you other two apps that have an option somewhat like the S40, to autolock after a certain period of time.
Just give them a try, they're both free as well.

Slide Helper v1.05 - http://s60soft.ru/eng/
Mr. Lock - http://www.mobifunsoft.com/MrLock.html

Hope these help you.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Thanks for you so much appreciated efforts skanker. The first program you offered is more likely to what I need, except for, I was waiting for a more native solution.
Anyway, one may not always find what one seeks for :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry for posting here so late. It's because i just bought my E66 today. It took me a while to figure it out. Yes, you can lock the keypad without having to slide the phone open and closing it again.
Just press the red power button on top and select "lock keypad".
The guys at nokia could have done better but... at least it works. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

Hi,

For some reason, the lock keypad function of my e66 disappeared. When I slide the phone close, the keypad won't lock, and when I checked Tools>Settings>General>Slide Handling, Keyguard activation is still turned on. Worse, the Lock Keypad function is also missing when I press the power(red) button. Am I missing out on something or does the e66 have a glitch? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The slider on my E66 does not always work as the way it should be:
slider close > keypad lock
slider open > keypad unlock

i try to download slider helper 1.08 still cant get it to operate slide close = lock, slide up = unlock.

can anyone please advise.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

it works again now. just put it next to a magnetic clip in my bag for a sec and it seem to be working as expected.

found some tips from here:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=24304&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
Please use plain text.

E66 slide applications close problem

hi ;
i use my new e66 for one a weeek . at first when i close slide all app. was closed but now only key lock works not closing the application .are there any probblems like mine ??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello Sodalimon,

I have a Nokia E66 too, and I want the same thing to lock the keypad without opening and closing the slide. I tried to install this Keylock application but it always gives me: "Certificate error. Contact the application provider" Can  you tell me how you installed it?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Sage

Ezzo79, you'll need to find an unsigned version and sign it yourself somewhere (eg. symbiansigned.com)...

Please use plain text.