Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7-00: Holding key on keyboard is too slow - W...

Counsellor
Rhabarber
Accepted Solution

E7-00: Holding key on keyboard is too slow - Where can I increase key repeat speed?

It takes rather long to delete a number of words using the keyboard because the key repeat rate is set up to be rather slow (approx. 5 characters per second).

Is there a setting somewhere where I can increase the speed? I would like to set the key repeat rate to double speed.

Your help is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: E7-00: Holding key on keyboard is too slow - Where can I increase key repeat speed?

Unfortunately not. Have you considered using the cut function?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rhabarber

Re: E7-00: Holding key on keyboard is too slow - Where can I increase key repeat speed?

Thanks, CJ, for replying.

Unfortunately I'm not too keen to use the touchscreen for typing or navigation purposes. I don't like my fingers being in the way of what I'm just editing. And I don't like finger prints on the screen. And it would usually take longer to position the cursor correctly than to just hold down the [BACK] key.

Do you perhaps know if there's some place to forward suggestions to the development team?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Symbian is now in "Maintenance mode" which effectively means there will be no more development work done on it. Not likely to seee anymore than bug fixes from now on. So unfortunately you will probably have to make the most of what's already there. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rhabarber

OK then...

Thanks again, CJ.
Please use plain text.