Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 Anna constant crashes

Registered Member
Ikaros88
Accepted Solution

E7 Anna constant crashes

Hello,

first of all, i have to say that i have had problems with my E7 from the day i bought it (crashes, hanging, wlan not disconnecting, UMTS usage sitting next to my router, and have sent it in to my mobile providers support center who hard-resettet it and claimed they had done repairs...nothing changed so i decided to wait until the Anna update before taking further Action, so yesterday i hooked up my pc, saw that Anna had been released and installed it via OVI suite.

So.

Phone wouldnt boot up after the final restart of the Anna updater, kept resetting itself, could only boot it by taking out the sim card, did that and hard resetted it, then used ovi to reinstall anna, then hardresetted AGAIN, started setting up everything, phone was working fine, got to setting up my email widgets (mind i havent installed unstable 3rd party apps!) and crash. endless reboot cycle. WTH

has anyone come across this issue with the anna devices? constant rebooting immediately after loading the widgets on the first homescreen, and bootable without sim cards? any sim will crash the phone, has been tested, also offline mode with a sim inserted crashes.

greetings - Kevin

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

Re: E7 Anna constant crashes

hi weird weird indeed, my sympathies. mine was of a different kind: 1. 1st time, anna update, ovi store and emails don't work, hard-resetted it, downloaded only ovi store, then installed anna 1 of 2, then ovi worked, but email did not. 2. email still an issue, with both yahoo and hotmail. MFE: only inbox syncs. 3. don't know what is going on chez nokia.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ngko

Hey I have the same problem it all started yesterday morning constant crashes keeps rebooting itself for no reasons. I did the Anna update on the 19th everything seems to work properly till yesterday. Did you find any solution? I'm thinking of sending my phone back to Nokia luckily I have my old N900 that I can use right now.

Thanks

Abdel

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rag_n0kia

I have a C7 and share with you the part of the problem: got notification about new Anna yesterday but I haven't been able to download it.

My understanding: guess they pushed-out the new Anna release but realized it has some mayor bug only the day after... then immediately blocked the release availability.

Typically and sadly very Nokia-of-these-days.

From a disenchanted Nokia supporter,

Francesco

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ikaros88

well im sending mine back tomorrow, i had it running the whole day today, it just randomly booted up and stayed on sometime yesterday evening, now its broken again, managed to hard-reset it, but now the problem starts directly after installing the anna 1/2 and 2/2 updates in the swupdate program, i havent connected my email accounts, havent set up ovi sync, havent visited the store, nothing, i hard-reset, do the updates, select phone language, and after that everytime i restart the phone just crashes, COME ON i paid 500 euros for this pos, this srsly cant be happening.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ikaros88

Solved: My Sim Card got killed by the Anna update, had it replaced at my phone providers shop and the phone works perfectly, im sure it was the Anna update, i never took it out and suddenly after the update the problem started.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

hi don't understand what you mean. can u pl explain?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivensvianna

Same for me. Very unhappy and hoping Belle fix all this mess. If i did know all of this, I would have moved to other brand.

Please use plain text.