Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 Belle - Voice commands cannot be used at th...

Contributor
enginvoiper

E7 Belle - Voice commands cannot be used at the moment.

Hi all.

I have added the Voice cmds shortcut to a home screen as advised on another thread, to allow voice commands to be used after updating the E7-00 to Belle. 

Whenever I tap on Voice cmds there is a beep and a popup appears, saying "Voice commands cannot be used at the moment".

I can see that Martin is present in the Phone Setup speech settings and that he is ready to speak in English (UK).

Anyone else have this happen, or any advice on what I can check please?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: E7 Belle - Voice commands cannot be used at the moment.

[ Edited ]

Hi enginvoiper, 

Thank you for posting in Nokia discussions board! 

In order to fix the issue you are having, please perform a soft reset on your phone: type *#7780# on the keypad.

If the issue persists, please back up your data using Nokia Suite. Once your data is fully backed up, type *#7370# on your phone's keypad. 

Then add the shortcut to the voice command on your home screen again and retry opening it. 

Please also regularly check for new upcoming updates as they fix new detected and reocurring issues. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mayjas

same problem here "Voice commands cannot be used at the moment" error message displayed on Nokia 808 Pureview when activating voice commands.............it shows the voice file of "Sangeeta English (India)"

How can we uninstall and re-install again........tried soft reset and hard reset both...........not working.......pls help......the files seem to be located in the Z: drive (saw it thru Xplore), but cannot change or replace files.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mayjas

attached screenshot of the error, pls check

Please use plain text.
Contributor
enginvoiper

Thank you ASTRA2025, but suggestions were not effective.

I don't know if this is a general problem for all Belle phones or at least certain models of Belle phones, if anyone else is reading this thread maybe they could advise us of their experience?

If it is a general problem then we can stop looking for a solution, and just hope for an update some day.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jediknite

Nokia C7 also cannot use voice command after Belle upgrade. Currently no Belle Refresh available for my model as it is locked under a provider.

Please use plain text.