Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 Belle power drain bug

Counsellor
Slion

[ Edited ]

It's not equivalent. It should in fact format your C drive so you get a minimalist install from the ROM.

Maybe it depends of the phone variant. That would explain why it worked for me and not for you. I doubt it though.

What's your available memory on C once you reset?

It's quite tricky to get the 3 fingers reset to work so chances are you did it wrong.

Do you still have the default background images in your home screens?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kp2e50

After reset, its 243MB. And the default backgrounds exist on the homescreens. The funny thing is MSapps and Search widget are shown installed as well as in the OTA update. Moreover are we certain that these two are the culprits?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kp2e50

UPDATE: The four-finger reset yielded 452.9MB free space in C: & didn't touch the apps installed through Nokia Store in my E: drive. MSapps & Search widget is gone & so are the Photo & Video Editors.

I hope that rids my E7 of the battery bug.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Slion

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you could work it out. I recommend you format the E drive too. That's best done from the "Files" app. Thus you will have a clean start.

You formatted your device before we could diagnose the problem. It's now impossible to tell what was causing it. Besides you did not provide the symptomes that your phone was exhibiting. Did you get an empty battery after 6 hours even without using your phone? I reckon even a broken battery should get you enough power for at least 12 hours. So if you go flat in 6 it is very likely a software issue.

Enjoy your E7!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GCK1

Pls help how I can solve the problem of e7 battery draining so fast at least 6 hours only... unlike before I enjoy at least 2 days with all apps working..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tf_translate

Hi,

I came along this thread while debugging battery drain issues in my Pureview 808. I already bought and installed your task manager. Thanks a lot, mate!

Currently, CPixSearchServer.exe is there on my phone after a #7370# reset, but does not cause trouble. Do I really need to try a three/four finger reset to get rid of it? I do need the Microsoft Apps anyway. Is there a way to just kill of that search process? Delete the exe file or replace it with a dummy exe file, maybe? Will I still be able to open, edit and save Word and Excel files with the MS apps without Search Server? It has always boggled my mind that I can't just select a folder where to save and load files from, but that some magic is going on there ...

I had a really large amount of images on my phone before I resetted it (and formatted all media). I think that was the cause of the battery drain. I suspected the gallery to be the culprit, but it could well have been that search server. Too late to find out now.

Regards

Tobias

www.tf-translate.net
www.deutscheschule.kiev.ua
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Slion

Hi Tobias,

I use my 808 occasionally and the battery life is just fine. I did not need to do the special setup I had to do on my E7.

Then again my 808 does not have the large amount of files I have on my E7 so it's possible the bug is there but not hitting me.

I say you should be fine too with your 808. If you have battery drain problem again and a large amount of files try to move them into a hidden folder to see if it fixes your problem.

Thanks for buying the app :smileywink:

Cheers,

S.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Slion

[ Edited ]

GCK1, could you fix your problem? Going through my posts and web site should fix you up.

Please use plain text.