Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 - File Manager > Map Remote/Network Drives

Counsellor
dj_pravs
Accepted Solution

E7 - File Manager > Map Remote/Network Drives

Hello Nokia,

I am using Nokia E7. I found this deature where in you can map a remore WEBDAV address drive to your Nokia File manager. I have accounts with skydrive, box, drivehq ets. I tried to map the WebDav address and provided the login details. The icon does show me the n/w drive. But when I connect, nothing happens. Can you help me? Is there a step by step document/guide which shows us how this can be done? The user manual provided with E7 does not have all these details!!

The phone is really sophisticated but the user guide is really bad!!

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Do you have fring application installed on the phone? In that case it won't connect. I read somewhere that fring blocks some connections, after I uninstalled fring I was able to map dropbox as a network drive on my E7.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dj_pravs

Thanks. You are right. I removed Fring and voila!! Box and share work. However skydrive still does not work. i want to connect my skydrive as it give me 25GB. Is there any way to have fring and yet connect to skydrive/box?

I am using fring because Nokia IM and Social give me "Service not available"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Is that the new chat application you are talking about, it works fine for me and Nokia Social. I think there is file transfer limitation, which I'm not sure how much, in remote drives, that could be the reason for Skydrive not getting connected. Don't know how fring affects remote drive connections, at present it works without fring installed.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dj_pravs

Thanks for your help.

About IM and Social, I get a "Service is not available" error. Any clue? I did post this in the forum, but no luck :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Glad I helped :-). Are you using the latest version of Nokia social(v1.3)? You can download the latest version from nokia beta labs or from Ovi store(hope it's updated there).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dj_pravs

I am using the latest version 1.3. But am not sure if this is avalable from my country. I am using it from India. I get "service is not available" I get the same message for Nokia IM. Now I am not sure if this is something to do with other apps. But I remeber i tried the social when I got the phone. No 3rd party apps installed. Since IM did not work, i used fring.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Even I'm in India and using without problems, checked my tweets just now using Nokia social. If you are so particular about using that better install it again by downloading the .sis file from beta labs or you've got many free alternatives twitter clients like tweets60, socially, twimgo etc. For chat you've got Nimbuzz which won't affect network drives.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kj1991

I tried dropbox via dropdav sucessfully.  but failed box.net via box.net/dav, it is connected by with only empty folder.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dj_pravs

thanks buddy. I tried all that.... no luck. Rich now using Socially and it work perfect!!

PS: If you do get a way to map skydrive please do let me know! All my online files are in skydrive and it would be a great help! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pohlipit

Anyone having any luck with Skydrive? Now that Nokia will be moving to WP7 maybe that should come by default in a future release for Symbian already.

My Nokia history:
2110 => 6110 => 8110 => 6310 => 2300 => 2600 => 6070 => E71 => N97 Mini => E72 => C7 => E7 => E6 => 700
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tshenu

am having problem on the address section, am using dropbox as my cloud and i would love to integrate it with the defualt drive map
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spooky_ppp

i am still facing the issue of not being able to Map Local Network drive. Is this possible?

I usually map on my computer using (\\192.168.1.xxx\<fileshare>)

The phone does not recognise this as a valid address

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.