Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 Qwertz to Qwerty

Registered Member
ves_

E7 Qwertz to Qwerty

Hi to everyone!

After software update my Qwerty keyboard changed to Qwertz layout. Some symbols don't match when i typing message. Maybe somebody know how to change keyboard layout back to normal, from Qwertz to Qwerty.

Thanks in advance 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mryba

Re: E7 Qwertz to Qwerty

Hi,

I have same problems!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you check the Phone language setting ?

Please use plain text.
Aikonne

As I understand it, a firmware update resets the phone to its original country

Go to a Nokia Care Point and ask them nicely if they'll change the language set.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saimonko

i was in Nokia Care point and I had to pay 15EURs for change it.
it not  so much, but problem is here: my keyboard change in the original servis in Poland. WHY I MUST PAY TO NOKIA FOR SOMETHING WHAT DEMAGE NOKIA!?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

saimonko wrote:

i was in Nokia Care point and I had to pay 15EURs for change it.
it not  so much, but problem is here: my keyboard change in the original servis in Poland. WHY I MUST PAY TO NOKIA FOR SOMETHING WHAT DEMAGE NOKIA!?

If I understand your concern right.. its not Nokia's fault. The phone wasn't intended to be sold in your region ..The retailer must have bought it in 'grey' and added a language of your region for his own gains. Any update in the Firmware will be based on the Product Code and it will remove the added language and just updates the Firmware related to the original region for which the phone was designed ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saimonko

Yes But . a sent it to Poland and he destroi my keyboard. and when i sent it to Czech they did the same. Mobile is from Poland  i using a Slovak keybord and all three states using ste same language to write.
And why when is on the mobile keyboard like on the first picture (is added) (QWERTY) they update firmware for keyboard like on the second picture(is added) (QWERTZ)?

Please use plain text.