Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 and 3G internet connection problem...

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

E7 and 3G internet connection problem...

Hi!

I just bought new E7 and I can't get anything downloaded from internet via 3G-connection. The connection indicator in the upper left corner shows two arrows indicating that the connection is ok, but when I try to open an app which needs internet connection or the web browser, I get an error message that check your connection. 

I inserted my SIM-card to my other phone (N900) and the connection worked fine...

So am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: E7 and 3G internet connection problem...

Hi Kallev,

Thank for your post and a Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening (where ever you are!)

What I would recommend is to contact your network provider first to make sure your internet connection is activated as you have a 3G connection available but this may not be active. 

Give your network provider a ring first  and let me know what they say as I suspect this is a issue on there end.

Kind Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I already called them and they made some kind of network update and asked me to restart my phone and wait for few minutes and then try to connect again...  No luck...

And just wondering if this is a network provider problem since the connection works in my other phone with this SIM-card I'm using in my new E7... So same SIM-card in two phones: other phone works as it should, but E7 doesn't...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Kallev,

Go to your  settings - connectivity - settings once again - destinations. From here go to add new access point and say no to when it asks to "automatically check for available access points?" select no  and then select packet data. From here you need to put the name of the access point which you can get from your network operator.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes.

Regards

Raoul

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hallelujah... It works... So simple thing, but so difficult in any way... :-)

It's just funny that "automatic" doesn't work...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

Glad to help!

Have a good day now!

Regards

Raoul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thank you so much... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.