Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 and Microsoft Apps

Advisor
iPuke

E7 and Microsoft Apps

I noticed that Nokia Suite is no longer listing Microsoft Apps as a 'Software Update'.

I did not install it when it first came up, as I do not think I need it.

Is this suite being phased out for the E7 since it is no longer listed as an update?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

It also can be installed from Nokia Store. I guess they now prefer microsoft apps to be listed as optional software than update.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi iPuke,

If it is not available to you via Nokia Suite or the Nokia Store itself, you can check on your phone via SW Update and it may appear in there.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
iPuke

I did a restore/format and reloaded Belle.

After that, MS Apps was missing from the updates on both Nokia Suite and on the phone.  It appears they are making it optional.  I don't necessarily want it, but I was wondering why they removed it.

I can see it in the store using Nokia Suite, but not on the phone store.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

iPuke wrote:

I don't necessarily want it, but I was wondering why they removed it.

Perhaps because it was too easy for users to install and bind it into software and then no easy way to remove: it remains an option under SW update for Belle FP2 devices.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
NCH3

Hello.  Hopefully someone can help me with this question (sorry it's a bit of a long story).  I recently sent my E7 to be repaired and they had to flash it.  The returned phone is on Symbian Belle FP 1 (I think they call it FP1), no complaints  When I sent the phone to be repaired I was using the Office apps, in particular Word, but when they sent it back, Quickoffice was installed.  Which is fine since they had to flash the phone. 

I recently downloaded the Office apps suite from the Nokia Store, in order to reinstall them, but none of the Office suite (Word, Excel) were installed.  I just tried to download it again, but this time it seems to download, but won't install. 

Do I need to uninstall QuickOffice first? 

If I do uninstall Quickoffice, but back up my phone first, will I be able to restore Quickoffice if I need to?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.