Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 deleting all my emails when it feels like i...

Contributor
micmac22
Accepted Solution

E7 deleting all my emails when it feels like it help

Hi everyone, im not a techie chap so any easy to understand help would be grateful.

Last 5 weeks or so since the last update my E7 emails have been deleting themselves when they feel like it but only on my pop3 mail??? My live mail has been fine. 

I have deleted both mail accounts and re set them not accepting the terms page. Also tried a reset on the phone but nothing is helping. Any ideas please.

Or Santa will be delivering a I phone......nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Road_Warrior

Re: E7 deleting all my emails when it feels like it help

What is your mail client and service? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
micmac22

private business web site / email pop3 account. thing is i got the phone in back in may 11 and glad to say no major issues with anything untill now both email accounts worked fine. no new apps, programs, or games and installed last couple of updates from nokia latest 022.014. only use as phone and for email.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Road_Warrior

Well--I was hoping for something like "Outlook/Exhchange, Traveler/Domino, etc.,"  So I will assume it's a custom app--which maybe your problem.  Does your company support Symbian^3? 

What did you do to do a "Reset"  ?   There are various forms of reset and some will work better than others.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
micmac22

thanks for your help, told you im not a techie chap. i hit things with a hammer for a living
microsoft outlook on computer pushed to phone 3 network, as said before all fine with both email accounts untill around 5 weeks ago.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
micmac22

reset.
menu.
settings.
phone management.
factory settings.
restore.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
goodshow

I will assume it's a custom app--which maybe your problem. 

Please use plain text.
nathanielje

Do you currently download your pop3 from another program like outlook maybe. It just has to do with the settings of the program. If the progam is not configured to leave mail on the server then after downloading, the messages will be gone. When you then synchronise with your e7 there are no messaages so all are removed from the phone. I had the same prob. The setting has to be configured from your mail client or service provider. Live mail is left on the server until you delete it. Try deleting a recent message online in you live mail account then sync with your handset. That message should also be gone from the hanset after the sync.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Road_Warrior

That type of reset would, I believe, be equivalent to a "soft reset" I will let someone more knowledge comment on that. 

There is a "hard reset" which restores the phone to it's internal factory image.  I would hestitate to tell you to do this--instead, I would check the outlook client that's doing the push, as was previously suggested.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
micmac22

thanks nathanielje spot on opened my outlook account entered (leave mail on server) in help box top right and got a easy to follow instructions even for me on how to change it, all good now cheers for that.
Please use plain text.
nathanielje

Glad to help, like I said had the same prob. Plus Nokia needs all the help it can get, now you can tell Santa to keep that iPhone.
Please use plain text.