Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 restarts when sim card is inserted

Registered Member
chinmayboy

E7 restarts when sim card is inserted

My E7 phone restarts when I insert my sim card. Also the works properly in offline mode, but when I change it to online mode, the phone keeps on restarting. I gave it to a Nokia Care Centre, but they say that the phone is irreparable. I tried a soft reset by typing *#7780#, but to no avail. After that a hard reset by typing *#7370#, but that too is not helpful. Please help me get the phone working.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The only thing possible is get a new sim,if that fails your out of luck.
Your phone obviously has had some kind of accident and for nokia to say its irreparable.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chinmayboy

Dude, I want a solution to the problem. Nokia is a bad company which cannot repair a phone it has produced.
Also, I can use the phone in offline mode to it's full capacity, but the minute you go into online mode, it restars.
Any solution please post, else save your responses

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

jimmyireland has provided the suggestion / solution..and that is to get the SIM relaced .. Have you tried that ? 

You may first check with other SIM borrowed from friends / family members ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The options have been given to you,the sim retainer/sim did not damage itself.
try a new sim,after that you have no options.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Farby and Jimmyireland are absolutely correct, there is nothing more that we or at Nokia Care can do for you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
DDeridex

a very common problem.

i sympathize with you.

pl give more details:

did this restarting circus start happening only recently, or is an issue since the purchase?

did this restarting circus start upon installing any app in particular?

did this restarting circus happen upon upgrade to anna or belle? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chinmayboy

I tryd replacin wid a new sim card, bt d problem still remains The phone keeps indefinetly restarting when it is in online mode

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chinmayboy

The restarting of the phone did indeed start recently
No, this restarting circus didn't start upon installation of any app, I have formatted the phone many times & restored it with the factory settings, but to no avail.
I'm not sure whether this restarting circus started upon up-gradation to anna or belle
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KaiserGrifter

I'm also getting the same problem, when inserting the simcard, my phone kept hutting down on offline, when i tried to switch to general, it kept restart to offline, i followed the recent message, but to no avail...i had also bought a new sim card, still it keep doing the same thing...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haseenansari21

when sim in insert into to mobile get restarted and go to offline mode then change the mode mobile go to switched off

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

haseenansari21 wrote:

when sim in insert into to mobile get restarted and go to offline mode then change the mode mobile go to switched off

Same suggestion as mentioned above .. Try another SIM ( may be from friends / family members)  and if the problem gets resolved, get your SIM replaced thru' your Operator ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Areka9

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you manage to find a solution?

Rgds

Arek

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chinmayboy

No, I've sold the f***ing phone.

Please use plain text.