Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 update to Anna 1 & 2 all successful

labzRus

E7 update to Anna 1 & 2 all successful

With all the bad news about updating, I wanted to give credit to Nokia phone support for helping solve problems.

I sent my E7 in to Nokia repair and got it back with a partial sw update . Not sure why they didn't do the whole update.

After I got the phone back it wouldn't recognise the Nokia BT headset. Then it did but wouldn't take the password. I emailed Nokia about the problem, after completing their survey on the repair. Emailed Sunday, got called by Nokia on Monday. I called back Monday evening, got connected to a technician possibly in Europe.(I'm in California.) 

Technician told me to do reset, also to download new Nokia Suite to PC and download Anna from there. Walked me through all the steps, since it can be a major pain to remove one Nokia product and replace it with another.

Today I went through all the steps: uninstalled Ovi Suite, restarted computer, downloaded new Nokia Suite, restarted PC, downloaded Anna 1 &  2 and Anna service patch.

I got Internet radio back, didnt lose any information and lo! my Nokia BT headset is connected to my E7.

So far so good. The sw updates don't show up when I check the phone device info. I called Nokia today to ask about that. The technician recommended doing a hard reset. As I have re-installed all my widgets and re-customised the phone three times since last week i will wait to see how well the phone is working before doing a hard reset.

So good for you Nokia - the technical support so far on this problem has been great. Praise where praise is due.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi labzRus,

Welcome to the Nokia forum!

Good to hear our care line has been able to help you out. When you do decide to hard reset your E7, make sure you make a back up using Nokia Suite. Once you've performed the reset with *#7370# and the 12345 security code (this code will be different if you've changed it), you'll be able to move back all the data onto you're phone by connecting the phone to Nokia Suite. 

The reason why a software update is not showing up is probably because you have just installed the most recent one. Software updates also only show up when they are available for your particular phone, so sometimes when you see an article online that an update is available, it won't necessarily be available for your region which is why it won't show up.

The best way to check is to connect your phone to Nokia Suite and check the green arrow icon there. If no updates are available there and your phone works like it should, the latest available update will be installed on the device. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I would only add about a hard reset, thet a full backup and restore can cause issues, as you may restore something that was causing them, so I only backup Contacts ,Calendar and Notes, everything else, I do manually. and I've done a lot of Hard Resets, I own a N97 :smileytongue:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.