Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 won't charge. Help!

dayvey

Re: E7 won't charge. Help!

I might be able to help a little with the cause of this problem, although the solution will need to be established. I too have had this issue twice, so know how frustrating it is.

What I think happens is that the phone gets stuck in some kind of debug mode boot cycle.

The reason why i think this, is that when I connect my E7 to my work PC to charge it, using an old lead (think it came from an E71 or e72 but can't be sure now), the add hardward wizard pops up looking for drivers for "NLoader Mode" and the flashing LED by the phones USB socket behaves in the same way as described by the OP; the same way it did when I've encountered the charge issue before. I've searched windows update site for the drivers - nothing found, and I've googled the same and gotten nothing back either........
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

[ Edited ]

Hi Davey,

In response to your idea, my E63 did the same thing requiring multiple modems (each time I connected)...

The E71 was much better and I resorted to using the Nokia PC Internet Access application for tethering via USB (for want of a decent wireless connction which Nokia seem incapable of offering).

I run Windows 7 Pro (32 and 64 bit) on a HP 5102 netbook and an 8G P9700 C2D laptop respectively. W7P 64 on the desktop and all have NO issues charging and connecting when I use Genuine Nokia USB cables.

The other thing I notice which seems to effect "enabling" charging is NOT "Deactivating power saving".

I am having the non charging issue when attempting to charge in the car with the correct USB cable type when in the car on a generic cIgar lighter USB adaptor. At home or laptop (with Nokia cables) all is great and evertything works as advertised...

Since thefirmware update (installed 2 days ago) however, my E7 seems to exhaust it's underwhelming charge at an alarming rate. %56 of today's charge was due to "background" according to Nokia Battery monitor 2.1.

Regards,

Dave

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nisk

Re: E7 won't start

same problem here , it just wont start , I cant find the warrant slip so i guss this phone will find it way to the bin with all my files , photos and important contact

the worst phone ever

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Long power off reset worked for me, use this method every time I have an issue...

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Praeceptor

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem last Friday. I just put the phone on the table after a call and couple minutes later the phone booted and got hang into the white Nokia logo boot screen. The phone did not respond in any way... 8 seconds of power button etc. After running the battery empty, the charging indicator just blinks about one minute with a charger.

:smileymad:

I had the phone fixed in June for two weeks and looks like it is going to be the same thing again. After many problems with Nokia E70 and E55 I won't use my own money (but my employer does) on Nokia phones ever again. I have been waiting for over three alltogerther those phones from repair. Someone should invent an instant replacement system for Nokia business phones. Two weeks is two weeks too much.

Please use plain text.
anonymecz

I have the same problem. But disappointment is for me especially Nokia Care Czech Republic (is not part of this message).

My first phone was Nokia 2110. My last phone was Nokia E90 - excellent phone. I buyed Nokia E7-00 in the September 2011 and I m afraid to say that this is my last Nokia:

1. 2nd December 2011.  Nokia E7-00 don't wanna charge. USB port is blinking and that s ll.

2. 14 December 2011. Nokia returned me phone from service. Defect was "defective battery" and "battery strip".

*** Data lost (ok, my problem). I must configure e-mail, phone desktop etc. (**bleep**) ***

3. 13 January 2012. Again the same problem - Nokia E7-00 don't wanna charge. USB port is blinking and that s ll.

I will wait some days for my phone. Some data I will lost.  I shall have to configure e-mail, phone desktop etc. again (**bleep**!). This is business model and I need it for work. It is impossible to have this kind of phone in the service, lost data and wait if this error will be repeating again.

I understand that every phone can have problems. But if this is frequent problem of these models, I wanna from Nokia another - faithful - model. And if this is problem only my phone, I wanna replace it. I am not tester of mobile phones and their bugs.

Roman

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kajje

Hi Everyone!,

I work for big company and we have 200+ Nokia E7 phones here. About 100 + phones has need to send to to service because this Charge problem. All phones which we have get back from service works fine..they have changed phones chipcard so that is the problem i think.

Please use plain text.
DBlunt

i wish i had read all this complaints before buying this god-forsaken E7 about a month ago! The battery sucks! I noticed that battery dont last more than 8 hrs rght from the day i purchased it.
they said u can use d fone while charging; but i still fully charged b4 i started using it first time. But alas, it still didnt last 8 hrs!

And now, the phone is not powering up! Just the white led blinkin and stopping after some minutes without phone powering up!  I have repeated this severally and the phone is still as dead as rat.

Anyone with a good advise?  Thanks.

i really am confused

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rzrfreefr

hi

mine is stuck into a white nokia / black backgroud loop , 7 times , and the usb led blink 40 times  

not showing the dots ...

ie : 0m25s-0m37s of :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYEzUuwBu8s&feature=plcp

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/nokia
http://rzr.online.fr/q/symbian
http://rzr.online.fr/q/redak# Redak #TextEditor @ #SymbiaN #BellE http://store.nokia.com/content/273978 http://store.ovi.mobi/content/273978
Please use plain text.
amrsaa

E7 won't charge. Help!

Hi all,

I have a unique problem with my E7 which I've never encountered before and did not find any similar problem in discussions.
All of a sudden, yesterday morning, I found my device dead after connecting it to the original wall charger (AC-10X) over night!

My device does not charge when connected to the original wall charger neither with my car's original traveller charger although it's indicator light is lit all the time (not just blinking then stops), so not a faulty charging port which is obviously a major design fault as it is a major problem for many users, which I faced myself after only a few weeks use. The Nokia Care service centre did change the charging port before...TWICE!!

I managed to charge it so far using the external battery charger (DC-11K) but it does not charge it fully even when connecting the external battery to a wall charger!

It stays in a state of a continuous charging without being really charging, on the contrary, it seems to deplete what's remaining in the device's battery!!

I tried another wall charger with no success. The problem is in the device itself.

I'm reluctant to take it to Nokia Care as it's 3 months out of the only one year warranty provided by the local dealer, besides I'm not very pleased with the service centre here in Abu Dhabi, UAE after several unpleasant experiences.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rinnie

please, how did you do a 'Long power off reset' because im having a similar problem with my E71!!

Please use plain text.
ojtveito

I had the very same problem. After it had gone out of power, I delivered it to Nokia service here in Norway, and got it back in a weeks time. They then told it was the motherboard or master board ( don't remember which) which had stopped working, and was changed. I got gone phone back, but lost all which was in the memory. I asked them to take backup, but they told it was impossible. The phone has been working flawlessly for more than a year sincthe that, and I'm very satisfied with the phone. But still a little afraid that it can happen again. So take backup often enough!

Please use plain text.