Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 RUNNING TOMTOM 6

Accepted Solution

E71 RUNNING TOMTOM 6

I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION AFTER READING FORUMS THAT E71 OWNERS WERE STRUGGLING TO GET TOMTOM WORKING ON E71.???? I INSTALLED TT6 LAST NIGHT  BACKED DATE THE LICENCE CONNECTED TO BLUETOOTH GPS RECIEVER WORKS A TREAT NO FREAZING DOESNT MISS A BEAT.ANY ONE NOT SURE HOW DO IT  PLS DROP ME A LINE
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, the problem is that TT6 doesn't work together with the build-in gps receiver, only the external one. If you have it working with the internal gps, I am sure many people like to hear how you did it.

Regards,

Lambert

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yeah I spent a lot of time trying to get Tomtom going and it didn't work. I did get garmin to work. Quite easily I might add...
Please use plain text.

I have Tomtom installed on a N95 great software but I have since changed to a E71 I loaded memory card from N95 and when i go through authorising software on E71 the querty keyboard wont allow me to enter numbers from my keyboard how did you get it to work with your E71 any ideas, thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
e61drc

On the E61, which is similar to the E71, in TomTom you have to press simultaneously the blue key (the key to get numbers) and the number that you want whereas normally you press the blue key then the number.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

are you saying that it recognises the internal GPS?
E71-1(241.04) RM-346
Please use plain text.

On trying to insert serial code I have tried as you suggested and it just shifts to another letter and not a number have even tried copy and paste from a text message using querty keyboard short cuts and it seems the blue button does not work when I am adding numbers in Tomtom software but everything works as normal i when texting etc
Please use plain text.
Sage
e61drc

There is an update for Navigator (6.020) on the TomTom website for the E61, you could try that.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
@phil001

The OP stated using a BT GPS reciever.

I've been trying to get TT6 to run since i got my E71 a few moths ago but with no luck. Not bothered about the internal GPS but just up and running would be good.

Garmin XT works fine of course but im really used to TT6 on my N95.

Message Edited by dave_bass5 on 25-Sep-2009 10:32 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
hendikoischnur

Hi,

@e61drc

You are saying you can get Tomtom on the E61? Are you working with an external GPS receiver? I have an E61 myself, so I´d be very interested in learning what are your experiences with it. Is it worth the investment in both the software and the GPS mouse? I played with the thought of getting something like it once, but then I saw that external GPS receivers are expensive, then you need the software and all that... so I went for a "traditional" Satnav with a bigger screen and a proper loudspeaker.

Anyway, I´d very much like to hear your side of the story.

Regards,

Hendikoischnur

IT will paint our future - either green or black
* ecosia, the eco-friendly search engine (powered by Yahoo/Bing/WWF);
* Searching for pics online? Try ecocho.eu or treehoo.com
* For those who don´t want to miss Google: Try znout.de - it´s Google running on green energy
* CO2-free chatting: Try Jabber-server.de (running on 100% waterpower)
Please use plain text.
Sage
e61drc

I have been using TomTom Navigator 6 on my E61 for the last three years with the Nokia LD-3W and it works fine (although when using Traffic I had problems with a red error screen popping up regularly and sometimes the phone locking up). The problem is that TomTom stopped support for Navigator 6 so no new maps (and no support for new phones like the E71), and Navigator 7 does not support Nokia S60/Symbian phones. Also, the TomTom traffic and safety camera data is not very reliable. When I replace the E61, I will continue using GPS on the phone especially as with integrated GPS, there will be less to carry around. May be I will try CoPilot Live 8, which is quite cheap, although not yet available for Symbian/S60 phones.

Please use plain text.

HI  ITS QUITE  SIMPLE IF YOU SEND ME  ME YOUR  EMAIL ADDRESS/ IWILL SEND YOU DETAILS HOW TO DO IT  REGARDS KEVIN
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Kevin.

Are you a bot? I sent you a PM in July after you offered the same thing and never got a reply.

Sorry if ive got this wrong but i advise anyone to not send an email address to this guy unless he can prove he isnt just harvesting email addresses.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Dave.

Please use plain text.

OK DAVE. 1/ IAM NOT A BOT   2/ I DO NOT HARVEST EMAIL ADDRESS 3/ IWOULD NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM IF I DID/// FOR THE RECORD  IAM SOME ONE WHO WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP WITH A SOLUTION.. I CANNOT EVEN SEE THE PM OF WHICH YOU MENTION???  OK LETS START AGAIN TOMTOM  WILL NOT WORK  WITH BUILT IN GPS ON E71.. BUT IT DOES WORK PERFECTLY  WITH A BLUETOOTH GPS RECIEVER WITHOUT ANY RUNNING PROBS. ITS HOW YOU INSTALL OFF YOUR MICRO SD CARD// AND THEN BACKDATE YOUR LICENCE. I HAVE INSTALLED IT MANY TIMES FOR USERS  I CANNOT SEE THE PROBLEM?? AS FOR ME TO PROVE IT  I HAVE NO  NEED IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME A CONTACT  NUMBER I CAN CALL YOU AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT. REGARDS KEVIN
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Fair enough Kevin and appologies.

I get nervious when i see posts written in all capitals and asking for email addresses.

For what its worth i PM'ed you on 15th July 12.49PM, just after you started this thread. No need to replay as im happy using Garmin so no need now for TT6.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@ dbrain : Did you manage to solve this issue? Having the same problems over here, unable to enter numbers on me E71 azerty keyboard on Tomtom, while everything else just works fine.

Please use plain text.