Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 factory reset : Please Help

Hahd

E71 factory reset : Please Help

I have done a factory reset, and now everything like email, messaging, gallery,active notes contacts, almost everything keeps telling me :

Messaging: Already in use!

Please tell me someone has a quickk answer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: E71 factory reset : Please Help

Have you tried to turn your phone off, take out the battery, let it reset for 5 minutes, put the battery back and then turn it on again?

Why did you do a factory reset?
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Reset the E71. Dial *#7370# 12345 reformat, you'll lose all data. Make a backup first and restore without the settings.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Hahd

Yes I have turned it off and removed the battery for 5 mins then for an hour  but no joy, I did the reset to format the phone because I thought I had a virus due to the phone periodically and randomly deleting my contacts.

Please use plain text.
Hahd

*#7370# is how I did the reset in the first place, so can you think why it would be saying everything is ALREADY IN USE!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

pull out the memorycard and see how the phone behavies then... Let us know. It might need a format.

But if your phone stays like this , even after a soft reset, you should try a hard reset.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HelenHyland

Had to change my alias but..

I did that too but still am getting the same messages 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Try the deep reset this time. Remember to backup your phone if you haven't already done so because you will lose your data.

Then try the "3 finger deep reset". With the phone powered off, depress and hold these three keys simultaneously "*" "3" "green phone" and then power on phone using the on/off button whilst keeping the three keys depressed until you hear start-up tone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HelenHyland

That worked thank you and Bless you .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You are welcome.

Please use plain text.