Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 going to answer phone too quickly

Registered Member
yjag

E71 going to answer phone too quickly

Hi all

Silly question that I hope you can help me with.  I've been given an E71 that's a couple of years old.  I like the phone but it only rings for about 10 seconds then goes to answer phone which barely gives me time to get it out of my pocket!

Does anybody know how I can extend the ringing time as I've look in settings and can't see anything obvious.

Many thanks

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
algotechie

Re: E71 going to answer phone too quickly

Could you be a little bit more specific on how the phone goes to answer the call automatically before you press the lower left soft key?
Please use plain text.
Sage
OzRob

Typically the time before the phone diverts to voicemail is something that is set by the carrier. It's a system setting, not a phone setting. You will need to either search the your phone carrier's web site for the system codes to change the setting, or give them a call and have them change the setting.

If I've helped you, you can thank me by clicking the green 'kudos' star on my post. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yjag

Please excuse the ignorance but what do you mean by the phone carrier?

Thank you

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yjag

I don't get time to get the phone out of my pocket/bag before it diverts to answer phone.   I thought it was to do with the settings but couldn't find any way of extending the ringing time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Phone carrier = service provider = network = the company that provides you with your mobile phone service. As this is a network setting, you should contact your network and request they lengthen the time before the call diverts. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yjag

Sorry having a dim day. 

Thanks for your help I'll ring them now.

Yvonne

Please use plain text.