Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 - "Unable to complete installation from me...

Advisor

Re: E71 - "Unable to complete installation from memory card..." error

Hi ,

just a small comment to the privious ... you do not need to use a card reader, you can use the phone with the cable in USB mode...

And if you are running vista to change the setting to show hidden files and folders -> go to control panel, choose appearance and Personalization and under folder options choose "show hidden files and folders". Make sure that the radio button is on for show hidden files and folders.

Regards, hp2watch

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you hp2watch. I had the same problem and your solution of moving 2000b499.sis worked.

David

Please use plain text.

I had the same problem, but indeed it disappeared when I removed the Dutch and French dictionary I had installed a few days earlier ...

thank your for the advice!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks for the latest advice. It happen that I uninstalled the German dictionary and the problem disappeared. Possibly Nokia is making some troubles with its dictionaries? The Italian one instead  is OK. It's a pity that Nokia tech support staff is not glancing over these forum posts, at least it seems so.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you all!!! I uninstalled Russian dictionary, and annoying message dissappereared hopefully!:-) that was not only annoying, but frustrating me much.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

If you install to Phone instead of Memory Card, then it should be OK.

Please use plain text.

I had the same problem right from the beginning and removing 2000b499.sis helped. It seems, that 200b499.sis is the file for the internet radio application.

Christian

Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

It is interesting to notice that in such an important issue which seems to affect so many users, none of the experienced veteran forum members or Nokia employees/moderators have had nothing to offer as reliable solutions or suggestions so far. I think playing around with the normally hidden system "private" folder is as dangerous as playing around with the registry files of a windows based PC or notebook. Doing that might bring about more serious problems problems necessitating a hard reset and more tedious and time consuming work to restore the system.

This is a major weakness of this user to user forum system

Has anybody having this issue contacted Nokia bu using the "contact us" link on the top of these pages? What was the outcome?

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hp2watch wrote:

Hi ,

just a small comment to the privious ... you do not need to use a card reader, you can use the phone with the cable in USB mode...

When I connect my Nokia E71 and use USB Mode, more than 75% of the time, the result is corrupted data on the card. Almost 90% of the time, at least Nokia's Music Player reports data corruption and has to search for all the media files, all over again.
 More than once, the corruption has been so bad the card couldn't be read by the phone (the phone reports that the card is encrypted, which it is not and never has been).
 At least, that's been my experience.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Messinger,

... I think the routecause of your problem is that you dis-connect (pull the plug ;-) when your phone and PC are still communicating or files are still open, resulting in the corruption of your card.

This can be avoided if you use "safe remove of hardware" before removing the cord from your phone. You should be able to find the icon on your PC taskbar...

With the new version of E71 phone software the problem of re-scanning in music player has been reduced to my personal experience.. 

I hope this helps,

Regards, Hp2watch

Please use plain text.
Contributor

looks like it is mostly problems from the dictionaries. both Spanish and Japanese give me problems. Simplified Chinese is OK. I will test if installing on the phone memory will avoid this dreaded issue. I really do not want to install dicts into phone memory.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vansharma

Hi everyone,

I've had the same problem for ages now and I found that the problem disappeared by itself when I upgraded the firmware to 300.21.012 so if for no other reason, this is ONE reason to upgrade!

:robothappy:

Thank you for clicking on the green star if this has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Professor
mgoksoy

That is great news.

I was just about to ask the people whether the new FW update affected the problem, and saw your post.

So now, it is time to wait until the FW update is available for our part of the world.

mgoksoy
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Upgrading the firmware to 300.21.012 did not solve this problem for me. It says "installng" and wait for few seconds on every time I reboot my e71 or connect/disconnect USB cable. After 'installing' message disappears it says 'Unable to complete installation from memory card........". 

Hope Nokia comes with a solution...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Had the same problem.

It appeared after I had installed a number of new applications. So I uninstalled them one by one. I managed to resolve the problem by uninstalling one of the language packs for the Dictionary.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

However, the question would be, when we NAM (0569371) users will get the new 300 firmware???????

I hope this 300 firmware also will address the unlock problem:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=43036

Please use plain text.

Hello folks,

First off, thank you very much everyone in this post, I got my same problem resolved.  I resolved this problem by going to the 'view log' in 'application manager' and uninstalling one-by-one the applications I had installed in descending order (by date).  For each uninstallation, I switched off and on the phone to see the effect.

The application that made this annoying popup upon turning on the phone is the Thai Language Pack for Nokia Dictionary that I had installed it into memory card.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but now into the phone memory and everything is good now.

--

unsigned_nerd

Please use plain text.
Sage
riversandlakes

Is 2000b499.sis confirmed the culprit? Now I'm just ignoring it because it goes away after a few seconds and I figure reboots don't happen that often...
E71! Lovin' It! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Do not install applications on the memorycard.

It's as simpel as that. Use the card only for data.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello every body

Just uninstall any additional language u added to the mobile dictionary , and this annoying message will dissappear.

That's all.

Please use plain text.