Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71x forgotten password issue

Registered Member
gappy78

E71x forgotten password issue

Hi,

I have a Nokia E71x that I use for emails. My company had set up a rule with microsoft exchange where passwords need to be enforced. I ended up changing the default password to a different one. My problem is that my phone is locked, but I cannot access anything. After a few tries it says the phone auto locks, stating new code cannot be entered for 5 mins. Is there any way, I can do a master reset to set everything back to the factory settings? The standard answer of #7..# followed by default password does not work as the default password has changed.

Thanks,

Gappy78

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: E71x forgotten password issue

These unlock codes are there for obvious reasons. You have to bring it in for service or go to a Nokia Care Point.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.