Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 Firmware ver. 071.004

Advisor

E72 Firmware ver. 071.004

Anybody tried it yet? I just got a reminder that it's available for APAC product code 0591952. Needless to say, I'm skeptical, given the horrendous feedback for the previous 2 upgrade versions.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
matija0zg

[ Edited ]

update

-New, faster version of the web browser, including web search integrated into the web address   field, and support for multiple windows

- Here and Now application, which provides you with timely information on your current location, including the weather forecast and details of local movies, restaurants, and events

- Emoticons can be used in text and multimedia messages

- New versions of Maps and Ovi Store

- Ovi Contacts removed

- General performance and usability improvements

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MrMike

[ Edited ]

...but nothing about Messaging for social nertworking (facebook and twitter), nor on this or in the newest Nokia E5, how much do we have to wait for such a common app in this, once, premium phone?

MODERATOR'S NOTE: The post has been edited due to its content. Kindly refrain from using profane language to maintain a friendly atmosphere in this forum. Thank you for understanding. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Painless update on Product Code 0584245 Euro:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
whateverian

Is it only me or does searching for contacts directly from home screen isn't working anymore? I did contacts search off and on again but still doesn't populate any contacts when typing while on the home screen?!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
asez73

Hello,

So I did upgraded to 071.004 from OVI Suite: it tooks 15 minutes or so with 3 reboots...

So far, the overall machine seems to be faster: the "trackpad" button is more reactive (almost usable, unfortunately, i am now used to click on its borders), Ovi maps is more responsive and the browser seems to be also faster.

The real thing is that after all of that, you just fall down on the infamous "Not enough memory" message much much faster too...

In 15 month this is the 4 (may be 5) firmware upgrade and basically, I just still face this problem of memory.

This makes the GPS unusable without a prior reboot (never fast enough by the way) and careful planning of the use of memory: clear shortcuts, cache, history of the browser.

It also creeps photos (autofocus is ugly slow, panorama never, never works and abortion is frequent)  and video (stops recording whenever it wants).

I am no more wondering what will be my next machine: NOT SYMBIAN, NOT WM7. None of those are able to get my over 400 contacts and 3 agendas correctly.

And yes, social networking is not really functioning too. Third parties applications are just taking more ram for background tasking thus leading to more "Out of memory" messages...

From my point of vue, this phone is like dynamit: You can not use it more than once, after that it blows...

Have a nice day!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

Just found that shortcuts (Ctrl + C or Ctrl + V ) are not working in Internet browser, in different fields in a page ...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

@whateverian: 

This is because of the Mail Client. About a month ago, I did a standalone upgrade of the mail client (was available under SW update), and the contact search stopped working. Uninstalled, and things were back to normal:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MA_Thaheem

I update my E72-1 with latest firmware...... EMOTIONS is a surprise for me.

one more thing, when dictonary update will come??

--

MAT
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Bummer. First Ovi Suite kept telling me it's 'Unable to connect to update service', and now the firmware doesn't show in the available updates at all.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The search (magnifying glass) is still not finding telephone numbers for contacts if the telephone number was the second one added to a contact.

Example.

Create new contact.

add a telephone number: 0000

add a second telephone number: 1111

0000 will be searchable, but not 1111.

E-mail seems impoved.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My general impressions are the phone seems 'snappier' overall the browswer loads pages much more quickly.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jeahavee

I update this morning didn't take long. Phone seemed faster and I have less fear in opening the browser now. Haven't really pushed it yet though.

One thing though my dates in my calender disappear and I could do a 'normal' restore to get them back. I had to watch it to 100% and then cancel it. Other then that go for it. Ovi Suite auto backs up that information so it good to go.

Hopefully other issues I was having I can take of my list.

Samsung Galaxy S4 'Black' (current)
My N9 Black (backup phone)
My N8 Green runnin Xeon^4 3.2.1
My E72 White
My E63 BLUE

http://www.youtube.com/Jeahavee
http://www.reverbnation.com/jeahavee

Stop with the popup notes Nokia sheesh I don't need help from you :/
I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit/Black Opal on my HP Dv6 1030us (DiViUs)
Windows 7 64 bit Pro and Black Opal on my custom desktop (Giniro)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jeahavee

E6 that's all we can really do you can't cut cost or add ram :/ I just hope 256ram is enough for me 128ram has never been enough since maps came.

Samsung Galaxy S4 'Black' (current)
My N9 Black (backup phone)
My N8 Green runnin Xeon^4 3.2.1
My E72 White
My E63 BLUE

http://www.youtube.com/Jeahavee
http://www.reverbnation.com/jeahavee

Stop with the popup notes Nokia sheesh I don't need help from you :/
I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit/Black Opal on my HP Dv6 1030us (DiViUs)
Windows 7 64 bit Pro and Black Opal on my custom desktop (Giniro)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi

I installed the new version.

there is a bug in browser, if you go to setting menu in browser, you wont be able to come back to main browser window.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arindamgupta

i just downloaded it today evening.. will have to check whats new here :-)
Please use plain text.

i am not able to install skype after update :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mjkh

After download SILENT key doesnt work

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
noreddine

I am having trouble installing the E72 update 071.004; the Nokia Software Updater is detecting the phone but after few minutes shows error "Unable to retrieve device information". In Ovi PC Suite, the phone and the installed software 054.005 is detected properly but when tried to update it shows "No update available" (?!). Please help!

Please use plain text.
maenswaiti

I used to be able to sync my gmail calendar with my MFE on E72... after upgrading i cannot no matter how much i try...I really need a quick solution or i will have to switch to android like everyone else who have given up on nokia!!

Please use plain text.