Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 Keyboard Layout / Language Question

h3nk1

E72 Keyboard Layout / Language Question

Just have a quick question regarding E72's Keyboard layout:

I am studying in the UK for one year, and need to get a new phone. However, being from Norway, I wondered how the english qwerty keyboard-layout will handle writing in norwegian which include a few extra vowels (æøå). The english layout has "comma / ," instead of "æ"; "dot / . " instead of "ø"; and " ' / apostrophe" instead of "å".

How would this work out?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

well you can buy a phone that has the Norwegian and English as standard languages, by changing the lanuguage you should be able to do both. nokia phones language packs are region specific so make sure that you buy one in Norway with English and not in the UK. i would suggest go to the nokia store in Norway and have a play with it and see how it suits you

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
h3nk1

Thanks for the reply! I guess you are right that I ought to buy one in Norway. Only downside is the provokingly high prices :squint:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

yes :smileysad: i feel your pain there, on the other hand you can keep the phone you have and buy a pay as you go phone in the UK ? maybe that would be cheaper?
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
h3nk1

Yeah, I might just end up doing that. Although it is tempting with a new phone as I have held on to my dear 6300 for over three years now : ] What a great little phone.

Please use plain text.