Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 - Removing email account.

Registered Member
Luca_ITA

Re: E72 - Removing email account.

[ Edited ]

d_t_a wrote:

I also have a problem removing Hotmail from the Nokia E72.

I had used the Nokia Messaging to create mailboxes for Ovi Mail, Yahoo mail and GMail on the E72 (I recall the Yahoo mail was creating using the built-in Nokia Messaging, while the Ovi Mail required web access / 3G/GPRS to created, Gmail also created with built-in app).

However, I didn't create a Hotmail mailbox on the cellphone. It appears to be automatically created when I installed Windows Live Messenger for Symbian (from here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/windows-live ).

I was testing the Windows Live Messenger for S60 (I didn't register for a Hotmail email but used another email address).

After removing the Windows Live Messenger, the Hotmail mailbox is still there, now replaced with a "?" icon.  The Hotmail mailbox isn't listed in the Email Settings (only Ovi Mail / Yahoo mail / Gmail mailboxes are listed), so I can't find a way to remove the mailbox.

The Hotmail mailbox seems to be different from the Ovi / Yahoo / Gmail mailboxes since it appears on the top line. Also, there's a single Hotmail message "Windows Live Hotmail Services - Welcome to Windows Live" -- I can view the "list" view (message subject headers) only but can't "enter" the message to view the message content.

How do I remove this Hotmail mailbox?

I know its a bit late, but i just experienced the same problem and i couldn't find the solution to it online, maybe because its very easy... but i didn't think about it immediately!

Anyway, i'll write it down for those who might have the same problem and reach this page to find a solution:

- reinstall "windows live messenger" on the device

- make sure there are no more messages in the "hotmail" mailbox the program created

- uninstall "windows live messenger"

the mailbox will disappear!

Ciao!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BARMAN

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, only with my E72 it's a little different. I bought mine from someone who forgot to delete his account, he did however delete his password. So now i can't go online with this mailbox in order to delete it. I did an update, restored to factory settings, and tried uninstalling windows live, but it's still there. Does anyone know another way to delete his hotmail mailaccount? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I tried the Syn all then rushed and clicked on settings /remove account and it worked.

Also I went to email.nokia.com and could edit email accounts there as well. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HazelKelvin0325

Thx! I've solve the problem =)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Karim_Fahmy

Thnxxxxxxxxxx so much Lexiiiiiiiii it workedddd perfectly . :smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jeet1989

im having same problem with my c5 email. When i try to sync email it just show updating but nothing happen. No e or gprs sign come. But my gprs is ok as i can use browser etc.

Plz help.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hey Luca_ITA, your solution worked for me. I should have tried to delete all the messages first before uninstalling windows live messenger to prevent the orphan "Hotmail" mailbox from appearing.

Anyway, the Hotmail mailbox is gone now.

(I hadn't checked this message thread thus just got to read it now.)
Please use plain text.
charliejd3

Thank you! It worked :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vb_Indo

ah, fellow E72 friends - after going around in cicles like many of you - the answer in NOT deleting from your handset - you need to log into https://em1x-234.lhr.messaging.nokia.com/account/home.action with your primary email account - (if you can recall the details) and you can then cancel any of the email accounts you setup on your phone. I wish i'd known this a few weeks ago...:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gdshukla

Hello everybody,
just like all of you, i have been scouring all over the internet to find a way to remove mailboxes from my E72.
Finally, i have resolved it and very proud and happy i feel to contribute and share something with the Secret Brotherhood of E72 fraternity.
Here is how we go about:

1. When i created my first mailbox on my E72, i was asked to accept some t&c by nokia messaging application
2. At that very time, i created a new account on nokia OVI. And then using these credentials, i logged into nokia messaging service. Its located at URL https://em1x-49.lhr.messaging.nokia.com
3. Since i didn't know its significance, i just forgot about it all together
4. Then I started setting up the mail boxes like a kid in a candy store. My relentlessness and glutinous became visiblle after i had created some 15-16 mailboxes & my E72 messaging module wasn't very happy about it and it started to slowdown and finally stopped all together.
5. Lets cut the **bleep** and come to the point that i wanted to share in the first place.
6. The way it works is like this; and this is totally my own perception;
the mailboxes we creat are also stored by the online nokia msging servers.
7. which is why when we ask to remove a mailbox, it says you must be connected. What it means is that you should be connected to nokia msging server znd not the mail/exchange server like imap.gmail ... Type thing.
8. To make the connection, goto the URL menrioned above
"https://em1x-49.lhr.messaging.nokia.com/"
And log in wih the credentials for nokia msging service
9. There you will see all those annoying mailboxes, that refused to get deleted.
10. Delete them one by one on the online mailbox list to show the nokia msging module "who the boss is".
11. Now come back to messaging/mzil folder and see them disappear one-by-one. Or else may be you would have to restart the phone to consumate deletion activity
12. And VOILA ... Those disobeying mail boxes are gone for good.

I cant tell you how satisfied i feel because now, even I have made a usefull contribution with my clan of the sophisticated E72 family.

If you find it useful, please make sure that you spread the world to help the neqbies that join our clan everyday.
*** Praise the lord of communication the father of the prophet E72, the son of the virgin merry, zctually the son of virgin blackberry ***

- GDS (thr unholy one !!!)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bergamot

vb_lndo and gdshukla,

Thanks a lot to both of you.

After reading this thread a few months back, I tried several times on email.nokia.com and the sign in page didn't work. 

With your links, I could get into that page (in Chrome it doesn't work, only in IE). And have just removed my two email accounts. Now at home I will try to refresh my phone's email box. Because I use the wifi at home to get my mails updated. 

Giving my account of the suffering: It used to work well since I configured my phone with two emails (gmail and yahoo) and one day I tried to change the default wireless connection (so that I could update my mails on phone at university also). I was being greedy (though not unreasonable) and it stopped working completely.

It was so annoying to see things not working and not being able to change them.

I hope things will be back to their previous states.

In your detailed and emotional post, you have mentioned to recall the original user name. Actually the username to enter into the Nokia Messaging site, is the email id that we have used to configure the first mail box on the phone (not the Nokia / Ovi user name), and it took me some attempts until I finally understood the hints there. And the password should be the actual password of that email id.

I gave stars to both of you. However I feel that on this forum people are very much miserable while giving due credit to real contributors.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Galjamspe

Hi, the following procedure worked on my Nokia E5:

"and here is the solution----

there is nokia messaging service which runs in the background and on top of this your NON exchange inboxes runs e.g gmail,yahoo.hotmail etc, it will be in menu->office->email->settings->select ur gmail->account setting-> acount information put your email adress and password, server name as: em1x-70.ihr.messaging.nokia.com(depending on the location where you live, min eis asai pacific) or you can get from https://email.nokia.com/ . if this messaging account is not able to run for any reason your NON excahnge mail inboxes will not work so you can assume this messaging service as carrier of all your mail boxes.

you can go to email.nokia.com and folow the steps to see your problem gets resolved at least for me it worked...

cheers
sameer"

Retrieved from: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=120515551308530&topic=284&post=1383

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThoroughPro

Today I updated my E72-2 firmware to 54.005 and the email stopped working. I thought the problem might be because of update in mail software and tried to delete the mail folders in order to create them again hoping it will solve my problems.

Firstly deleting the email folders was a real pain...But somehow I managed to delete all my previous email folders (Gmail, Ovi, and Hotmail). When I tried to create new folders again I found out that deleting them in the first place was not that difficult. So far I have tried everything possible multiple times but still no success. Now I am going to reinstall the firmware hoping this will solve the problems. I have reinstalled the firmware once before because of frequent hang-ups and it somewhat solved the problem, I hope the firmware reinstall is successful.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
edespeso

Does it apply also in removing mailbox for exchange? Im receiving a message "Maximum of  number defined. Delete existing mailbox and try again" I can't find a way to delete the Exchange Mail box in my phone. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Petrik

Hello dear Nokia owners,

Did any of you fixed the problem with "?" email accounts?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovi205

i had a same but all done now by one click

soft reset

1 Control panel

2 settings

3 General

4 Scroll down to factory setting

5 press enter & follow the phone will restart your mailbax will not be there

6 start setting a new mail accounts

7 it woked for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aloks100

Hurryaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it worked for me too. Thanks for the post

Please use plain text.
Advisor
niceashwin79

Nokia has no solution on this issue! i am facing same problem on my E72 since long time! and no answers or replies on it!

Interestingly I could create new account in my E72 but it never synchronizes and that too I have failed to remove!

It is big mess!

You have to reset to factory setting . This is the only solution which is not good when u have plenty of important applications installed!

Bye

Please use plain text.
Advisor
niceashwin79

Not helpful for me! you seems to me lucky!

I have my 3 colleagues facing same problem with no solution!

Enjoy the Nokia life..............unsolved!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paul_cc

Hello. And I had the same problem with deleted email accounts and I resolved in this way.
Please use plain text.