Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72: What is Nokia Email 3.9 ?

Counsellor

E72: What is Nokia Email 3.9 ?

Hello,

When I run the Sw Update option on my phone(E72), I see this 'Nokia Email 3.9' update available. I thought Nokia Messaging is part of FW in E72. Can someone tell me what is this update then ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Seem to be under the "hood" changes, is it anything to do with tie up with Yahoo to run OVI Mail?

It is quite large update @4.4MB says phone will re-start which it didn't and although seems to "hang" for ages during installation resisted the temptation to hit "cancel" fortunately and Email v3.0.9 a 2MB application now appears in installed applications.

I don't know whether you only see visible change if setting up new mailbox or not.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I also installed after I had posted this message. One visible change is default 'HTML' version for all emails. So now emails open in HTML version rather than text by default. I see few additional changes as part of Global Settings ( Show Imahes,Logs Output) etc..

If you see any other new feature please update the post

Please use plain text.
Sage
Lexusfan

It seems to configure Gmail mailbox directly with no problems.

Please use plain text.
ftomaszewski

One thing that is certainly worse is the way the list of folders is being displayed now. In the previous version the most important folders in my outlook folder list were on the top. Now however they are preceded by completely irrelevant folders such us junk email, sent, rss sources, sync errors. To get to my folders i have to scroll a few times. And one more thing the list of my folders is sorted kind of randomly which is pretty confusing
Filip Tomaszewski
Please use plain text.
ftomaszewski

Shortly after having posted my previous message I have noticed that The list of folders returned to its pepper form. I am not sure what caused The change. The only thing i did was deleting The rss folders in outlook. So now i can say that The update is beneficial and it took away one iritating thing that caused The phone to overheat - problem that i have been having since i started to use exchange
Filip Tomaszewski
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cooldude7470

Looks cool with significant

ftomaszewski wrote:
Shortly after having posted my previous message I have noticed that The list of folders returned to its pepper form. I am not sure what caused The change. The only thing i did was deleting The rss folders in outlook. So now i can say that The update is beneficial and it took away one iritating thing that caused The phone to overheat - problem that i have been having since i started to use exchange

improvements in mail for exchange

Please use plain text.
Advisor
whybew

Hi all,

I'm considering updating but need to get a few more details first:

when you say open in HTML format by default does it mean i cannot set it to open in TEXT anymore, even manually?

the reason i asked is that i have subscribed to a data plan with my service provider for unlimited data use on Nokia Messaging emails - as long as the emails are in text format.

would like to know more info on that.

many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

yes its html by deafult and no option for text. But there's an option to avoid loading of images and that would ensure data charges are minimal . The email also loads faster with no images.

Please use plain text.
stanhk

Don't update this!!!! I updated this, all I can do is receiving emails! Yes only receive! Cannot reply, forward and create mail. I took the e72 to Nokia service centre they changed the main board and it went fine with the old client. After I updated it the same old problem happens again. If you really need to read your mail in HTML? Go to your desktop, Nokia is not ready yet! Hope they can come out a patch ASAP. Good luck!
Please use plain text.

I have to agree with stanhk.  Email functionality is greatly reduced after this update.  You might get a friendlier interface for reading email but try writing an email and it might get sent out fine or it might just sit in the outbox. 

Reply or reply all causes strange random cases of not being able to use some email addresses - only some of the time.  I found that at times the screen could not keep up with my typing.

The HTML view is a nice touch but you will quickly realise how much more efficient it is to have the phone download even some of the plain body-text in the background ready for you to read instantly. Otherwise you just have to wait and stare at some spinning arrows for each email. That's what I have been doing for the past couple of days but hopefully others have had better luck. 

To undo this update, I made a backup using the windows Nokia/ovi software and then did a hard reset followed by a restore and then updated some apps but I will be skipping this one for now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Javichu1984

I´ve updated yesterday, and as it says is updated, on the Nokia email about, it says is version 2.2.0... But if I go to uninstall Nokia email, it says is version 3.09...

I think There is no update, becouse i have absolutely the same as previous, with no default html view... And I cant download again the update becouse it says is updated...

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saiyer9

The Nokia Email 3.09 sucks....it take really long time to download the email in HTML format.

NOKIA :- release an update to solve this issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

I posted in another similar thread, I have to say that Nokia email 3.09 eats a lot traffic and also drain the battery very fast ... I am back to PM which seems more suitable so far for me. I'll be very happy to test again nokia email if there will be any improvements, but right now, unfortunately not :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

[ Edited ]

this update my yahoo mail hangs all the time.

nokia, am using it on my E75 anyways, so its seems to have same effect on all fones.

what is the essence of an UPdate,

should be advancing, if its not better.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:  We would like to inform you that we have edited your post. Please refrain from using inappropriate words  for us to maintain a friendly environment on this public forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Agreed.

Yahoo! Mail no longer works with this update. I'm talking about direct access

to IMAP, not through Nokia Messaging servers.

I'm seeing mail from October.

Best regards.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andoceo

I am forced to not agree with you. Yahoo Mail via IMAP ( Not using Nokia services ) works smooth using this 3.09 Nokia Email software.

If you have trouble or don't want to work, try to fix it with a hard reset ( after creating backups of course ) .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rohitjpr

Well, I used Mail Exchange and gmail on email 3.9. After reading your view on problems like being unable to reply, I tried Reply, Reply To All, Forwarding, etc. and seems working fine for me. Though a bit slow while loading the email for reading but I guess that is due to more data being downloaded to reading emails. Let's see how it fairs in coming days.. will keep all posted, till then try again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
weid1374

After this update I cannot directly send pictures anymore from the photo gallery. :smileysad:

Do not install this update!

Yes, I have my E72

PS: Don't blame me for my bad English, I am Dutch :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rogw

Folder list scrambled.

I see the same bug in v3.09 as ftomaszewski originally saw - the folder list is scrambled (incorrectly ordered), in my case using Exchange Mail. It was fine in v2.2, from which I upgraded.

I have deleted/recreated email account, then reset phone to factory/reinstalled v3.09/recreated email account. Several hours of my life gone and no better.

v3.09 is unusable in its present form; I have reverted to v2.2.

Once again Nokia releases inadequately tested, slow, clunky software.

Please use plain text.