Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 bugs / problems

Professor

E72 bugs / problems

I have a few problems with my one week old E72 which I would like to share with you:

1. The touch sensitive D-pad does not always work (about 20% of the time). This means that it does not react to touch, so I have to use the arrows instead. This happends in various places / menus and starts working back again by itself (I do not have to reset or anything). It is just random and it does not seem to be a hardware problem.

2. After syncronizing the Gallery with my old E90, all pictures in gallery are messed-up. Moreover, I cannot see in the gallery the pictures taken with the E72 camera. The gallery does show that there are recent pictures taked with the camera, but instead of them it shows some old pictures from the gallery ! I even lost 3 pictures taken with E72. I could not find a solution to this, but to delete completely all pictures in the phone and start from scratch.

Any simmilar experiences ?

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.
Advisor

my USA VERSION E72 IS MADE IN CHINA..  all plastic, save the back battery door... light leaks, etc etc

returning it 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi

I have similar experience with new optical D-pad, I've noticed that sometimes it just freezes and stop responding for few seconds. I think it is software problem (another)...  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

There are several issues with Nokia E 72 . The keypad does not work as efficiently as it should as expected of a Nokia product . 

All my messages got erased even though i wanted ony one to be erased .

The phone hangs very badly whenever I move to email icon .It has happened several times with in 3 days .The mobile restores after several hours some times .  There are only 5 e mail accounts but still email messaging system does not work .When it hangs everything stops working .Never experieced this type of hanging problem with Nokia instruments . 

Many times only get garbled voice ,  

Generally very disappointed with the quality of the product added to the Nokia's service . 

Reported the problem with in 24 hours but Nokia dealer is washing away his hands .  

Nokia please wake up and do something. 

Please use plain text.

it took forever for my E72 to fully charge.. the battery indicator keep running and running.. it's 9 hour already, and still charging.. what's wrong?? :smileysad:

when I long press the contact key, it should take me to 'create new contact' window.. but it doesn't work.. only open contact, not create new contact..

Please use plain text.
Sage

The sensitivity of the pad is customizable.

Go into the Control Panel and dig around, you will find the settings.

You can also turn it off :smileyhappy: and it will act just like an E71

Please use plain text.
Professor

easyv wrote:

The sensitivity of the pad is customizable.

Go into the Control Panel and dig around, you will find the settings.

You can also turn it off :smileyhappy: and it will act just like an E71

It is not a problem of sensitivity: it just stops working at all. Several minutes later, or in a different menu, it will work again perfectly.

I have tried to turn D-pad off and I got a very bad side effect: the focusing of the camera (which is achieved by touching the D-pad) does not work anymore. So the D-pad is turned off even there. This is feature is simmilar to half-pressing the camera button on dedicated cameras or on phones with dedicated camera button, and it is difficult to take pictures without this feature.

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.
Sage
freebird123

I have tried to turn D-pad off and I got a very bad side effect: the focusing of the camera (which is achieved by touching the D-pad) does not work anymore. So the D-pad is turned off even there. This is feature is simmilar to half-pressing the camera button on dedicated cameras or on phones with dedicated camera button, and it is difficult to take pictures without this feature.

The focusing with the NaviPad turned off works a little bit different:

In camera mode you press and hold the center button of the D-Pad (that will do the focusing). Releasing the button takes the picture.

FreeBird

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The problems with E 72 Email continues . The issues are : 

- Push mail is not automatic

- when I request sinc it does not happen though connected to net 

- when the phone is  connected to net I tested by  sending  a mail from one e mail account to other . It was going into only g mail account not other accounts like hotmail, gamil aps and ovi account .   

-Repeatedly  the istrument keeps on asking password and sending  a message such as  ' gmail connected '.

This e mail system is a dissaster and what audacity Nokia must have to compare it with BB  

I do not know what is the issue . I dont get any support from the vendor who calls himself  " Priority Nokia Dealer " and " Nokia Concept store" .The customer care depart also does not respond and in fact misguides .   

Nokia should not have introduced this model with out proper testing  and they have charged a bomb for this dud instrument 

Problems reported to Nokia no solutions . can any one help otherwise I need to go to consumer court as there is no simple system of returning the instrument in India  . This is what nokia dealer says. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I bought E72 in the first week of release after reading the success threads of E71, but now I am afraid that I have made a big mistake. This phone doesnt feel robust at all for any applications. A lot of applications keeps hanging. I am still figuring how to configure the email setup, Even not sure what is the different between Nokia Messaging and Ovi Mail. Seems Nokia it self is confused big time in giving names to Nokia V/S OVI products like Nokia PC Suite V/S OVI Suites. Nokia Messaging V/S Ovi Mail.

I have not ever been login to Nokia Messaging at internet so that I can manage my email accounts there, everytime its giving error for last 10-12 days.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Same with me for Charge time, After 12 days and around 7-8 charging I am still dying to see the message 'battery charged'. I dont know it will ever show me the message.
Please use plain text.
Professor

freebird123 wrote:

The focusing with the NaviPad turned off works a little bit different:

In camera mode you press and hold the center button of the D-Pad (that will do the focusing). Releasing the button takes the picture.

FreeBird

I appreciate this. I did not know it. However, this is only half-solution. Because once the D-pad is pressed, the picture will be taken no matter if the focus was done correctly or not. You do not have the option to re-focus....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@bmunshi

"Same with me for Charge time, After 12 days and around 7-8 charging I am still dying to see the message 'battery charged'. I dont know it will ever show me the message."

I had that problem too.. I turned on every program on the phone to empty the battery.. It took a few hours. After that the 'fully charged' function came back.

(The tip also worked for another guy that had the problem)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received my E72 yesterday. I was quite surprised by the mostly plastic construction, but only because the gsmarena.com review described it as 'steel clad' :smileywink:

That aside, the build quality on my example is poor. There is a lot of light leak for such an expensive phone (I paid £319.68 in the UK) and the overall build quality is quite disappointing. However, the reason I am sending mine back is because of the buggy nature of the handset. 1st issue was that certain buttons (especially the space bar!) just stop working and require a reboot to fix. The phone will also turn on and then randomly restart up to a minute after initial switch on.

The 4GB supplied memory card was almost totally full according to file manager, despite not actually having more than a few kb's of pre-installed data on it when explored. 

Despite all this, I do like the phone and it would be great without these and the other bugs discussed in this thread. I just don't think it meets the price point right now. The E72 I have seems like a product of the recession with obvious cost cutting.

I don't know whether to exchange for another example or wait for Nokia to potentially improve the phone with a later production run. I expect them to work out the software bugs, but is there much of a precedent improving build quality during a given model's life?

Message Edited by castlebravo on 13-Dec-2009 03:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@castlebravo

Use the nokia map loader to remove the 2 gigs of maps that you don't need at the moment, and you have a lot more space free. (I had the entire europe preinstalled, but only kept Sweden)

Please use plain text.
Professor

castlebravo wrote:

I don't know whether to exchange for another example or wait for Nokia to potentially improve the phone with a later production run. I expect them to work out the software bugs, but is there much of a precedent improving build quality during a given model's life?

I'd say that you should exchange it for another example, maybe one made in Finland. I realy doubt that the units mare in Finland differ at all from the models made in China, but just in case. My Finish made E72 looks like a perfectly crafted unit. I do have the light leaks around the keys, but they do not bother. And I do have the bugs described in this forum, but I can live with them until the next firmware up-date. Just my opinion.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Good tip about the removal of maps!

My E72 is made in Finland. Perhaps my expectations were too high for the price paid. I have no doubt they will sort the software bugs with firmware updates, but it's just a turn off to have so many bugs with a new expensive phone and the build quality is poor IMO.

I don't imagine there will be much difference if I got a replacement one from the vendor, it would probably be from the same batch. I was really excited about this phone, but the initial experience really takes the shine of it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

@Christoffer

I tried emptying the battery and charging again, but even after 3-4 hours it stuck at 99% not showing fully charged.

I guess Nokia has to come up with a firmware update ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My Problems with my new E72.

1.) Battery is never showing fully charged, it stucks at 99%.

2.) Not able to login to email.nokia.com, even though I can add / delete new mail boxes directly from my mobile but i can not log in to the web site from PC.

3.) Some light leake from 2 buttons, but thats ok, i can bear that.

4.) showing memory full sometimes, 128MB RAM is more than enough, it shouldnt happen.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

msbala wrote:

The problems with E 72 Email continues . The issues are : 

- Push mail is not automatic

- when I request sinc it does not happen though connected to net 

- when the phone is  connected to net I tested by  sending  a mail from one e mail account to other . It was going into only g mail account not other accounts like hotmail, gamil aps and ovi account .   

-Repeatedly  the istrument keeps on asking password and sending  a message such as  ' gmail connected '.

This e mail system is a dissaster and what audacity Nokia must have to compare it with BB  

I do not know what is the issue . I dont get any support from the vendor who calls himself  " Priority Nokia Dealer " and " Nokia Concept store" .The customer care depart also does not respond and in fact misguides .   

Nokia should not have introduced this model with out proper testing  and they have charged a bomb for this dud instrument 

Problems reported to Nokia no solutions . can any one help otherwise I need to go to consumer court as there is no simple system of returning the instrument in India  . This is what nokia dealer says. 

I have my work (w/ Mail For Exchange) and gmail account configured on mine, and I do not have the issues you seem to be having. My push email works as advertised. Have you tried resetting your device and starting from scratch?

Message Edited by easyv on 16-Dec-2009 11:56 AM
Message Edited by easyv on 16-Dec-2009 11:57 AM
Please use plain text.