Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 downgrade Firmware

Advisor

E72 downgrade Firmware

I updated 3 weeks ago my E72's firmware, after i done this my phone became a "little" slow.

If I use my video camera the image gets to be stuck every 5 seconds, when I watch the video on my pc or even on the E72, the sound is good but the images are most of the time mixed up or stuck...

also: when i put up a connection like making a call or browsing on the internet, the time it takes to connect to the server is ALOT longer...

the camera and the connection worked a bit better before the firmware update...

(BTW this is my first bad xp with Nokia, normally a business phone is close to bug free. This is close to no-wurth-selling...)

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: E72 downgrade Firmware

Someone else on this forum had a similar problem with the video. He said it was fine when recording to the phone memory but had the same problems you did when recording to the memory card. It was solved when he formatted the memory card. Remember to back up of course.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

How u upgrade the firmware? no firmware is released for e72. that was inbuilt firmware .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

farrukhalvi wrote:

How u upgrade the firmware? no firmware is released for e72. that was inbuilt firmware .

Check the latest firmware with Nokia PC Suite and Nokia Software Updater.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/pc-suites

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Sage
libra17

Friend , There is no option for downgrade officially so 1st check to format your memory card (not forget to make back up ) if problem still there then try to update with same firmware hope it works best regards
Please use plain text.

I had the same problem on my E72, and I noticed that if I switched the destination memory to 'phone' it didn't stutter anymore. Then I tried another memory card, and the symptoms were gone too. The problem was visible only with the memory card that was shipped with the phone (4 GB SDHC). The other card I tried was (8 GB SDHC), so even SDHC is not to blame. Something was wrong with the bundled memory card, and I'm surprised to see others have had the same problem.

Please try video recording with some other memory card.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thamees619919

install firmware

i have a e72 firmware file,how can i flash to my phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
slick12

I upgraded to V81.3 of the firmware... but now my GPS doesn't work... so I want to downgrade back to V71

Is there some way of doing this?

I asked about the GPS problem in forums but so far nobody has replied... and that was a week or so ago.

:-)

The butterfly effect
Please use plain text.
ruzan

i also upgraded it to v81.. gps is working(infact very efficiently) but i keep getting memory full error.. that is the RAM.. phone memory and memory card are almost empty. very irritated with this phone. anybody has a solution to this? only two apps start. nokia messaging and whatsapp. when i start browser and it goes all mad. even nokia store keeps shutting off with the memory error.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
slick12

Finally solved this problem by using the hard reset code:

*#7370#

I thought this was the same as the factory reset.... but obviously not.

The problem seems to arise with my factory settings... as as soon as I restore my original settings the GPS stops working again.

Nokia quoted $221 to fix this problem. I have no idea why. It was obviously a software issue so why were they quoting for a hardware repair?.

The girl at the Nokia counter was VERY vague. However in the end she did talk to the technician one more time (because I was very insistant) and then the technician reflashed the firmware. It started working after this but all the data was gone.

I thought reflashing pretty much deletes and resets everything. .. but the GPS refused to work even after reflashing..

They probably did a hard reset at the same time... as that's eventually what worked... after I stuffed it up by restoring all the settings.

It seems to be possibel to restore contacts and SMS's without stuffing up the GPS. Restoring the settings stops it working again.

Once I worked all that out it was easy to fix.

:-)

The butterfly effect
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhi266215

Hello friend,

I am using the E72 since last almost 3 years. I am also facing the same problem since I updated the firmware of my phone. This specific problem is with the firm ware version 81.003. The problem is with executable RAM. E72 claim to have 128 MB RAM but with the firmware update you can use only 20 to maximum 35 MB for your applications. All the remaining RAM is consumed by operating system itself. Recently what I did , I downloaded the NetQuin Mobile Guard & try to find out the applications which were consuming the RAM. I found that almost 9 application were running in the system which were not  reflecting in the open applications. I stop all of them (Not allow them to start with system boot) & cleaned the RAM & after that I found the system speed bit better. You can also do the same for you but please dont forget to delete the NetQuin from from your system.

Hope this would help you.

Please use plain text.