Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 internet connection issue in Windows7

ixonos

E72 internet connection issue in Windows7

[ Edited ]

After establishing connection to PC running on Windows 7 via micro usb cable, there is a problem with keeping internet connection alive.

The connection should work because the icon on the phones display shows that the phone is connected to the internet, but the connection seems to be lost somewhere between mobile device and PC (not mobile device and mobile network) although the phone is fully capable to transfer other data via cable between computer and phone, this is the same when connection is created via PC Suite or Ovi suite, or manually established connection using the mobile as a modem.

The internet access is possible only after every new connections which works always randomly f.e. it fails/stops transferring data from/to internet after few seconds/minutes or transferred amount of data, it is always different.

Windows diagnoses this problem as a problem with DNS server.

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

Custom version 022.007.C00.001

Please use plain text.
ceeport

Re: E72 internet connection issue in Windows7

I'm sorry,I don't konw

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

ixonos wrote:

After establishing connection to PC running on Windows 7 via micro usb cable, there is a problem with keeping internet connection alive.

The connection should work because the icon on the phones display shows that the phone is connected to the internet, but the connection seems to be lost somewhere between mobile device and PC (not mobile device and mobile network) although the phone is fully capable to transfer other data via cable between computer and phone, this is the same when connection is created via PC Suite or Ovi suite, or manually established connection using the mobile as a modem.

The internet access is possible only after every new connections which works always randomly f.e. it fails/stops transferring data from/to internet after few seconds/minutes or transferred amount of data, it is always different.

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

Switch from dual mode to 3G in the network settings. Turn off IP and DNS configuration (automatic) in the accesspoint settings.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
erahres

How do I do these changes? - I have the same problem where the e72 stops transfer data after only a few seconds.

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

to switch to dual mode: GOTO settings and the click on phone > Network settings (you have options dual mode, gsm and UMTS (otherwise known as 3G)

in connection settings, goto destinations, accesspoints and edit your access point,then goto advanced settings and confirm that your IP and DNS are set to automatic.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Did u installed Hot fix by Microsoft (to resolve issue where usb modem used to drop link after some time)?

When we try to connect to internet first time using Nokia Phone and Ovi suite, after connecting Ovi tells us to download "that" hot fix, gives the link. so try that.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sameerirshad

hey guys having a same problem with my E 72 , it stop da internet data packets for few seconds and make its status inactive. i hd switched it to 3g and put the dns and ip also automatic but no use ,,,,:smileysad:

Sameer
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bhavinmum

dear u need to check tcp ip protocol. It should be ipv4 and uncheck ipv6. As windows 7 uses both ipv's for any dial up connection
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I had also connection issues with my E72-1 with pc internet. Now net goes fine. Try this:
uninstall the suite with pc suite cleaner(available in nokia website).
Connect your E72 to system via USB. Select "connect PC to web" in usb selection mode. It takes time to configure settings and will be ready automatically.
Without any suites it works well with systems( i checked 4 systems).
If it doesn't work, try to format the hard disk then try again without installing nokia suites.
Happy surfing!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
immadhussain

ixonos wrote:

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

ixonos wrote:

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

ixonos wrote:

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

ixonos wrote:

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

ixonos wrote:

SW version 022.007

RM-530, E72-1

I buy e72 for the internet using on the systems it is not running. I want to use the e72 as a modem for my laptop tried it on my home system windows XP it is running but on the windows 7 it is not working what can I do for this I buy laptop 800$ And E72 400$. Now both waste for me. Some body help me.

Please use plain text.