Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 - open URL from SMS

Counsellor
pellicle
Accepted Solution

E72 - open URL from SMS

is it just me, or is it that url's sent to the E72 by SMS can't be clicked on to open?

My E63 could do this but I can't work out how to get my E72 to do it ...

you know, URL's like the ones you get via OVI sent as SMS for installing an app???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: E72 - open URL from SMS

When you open a Message.. go to Options and check whether the Automatic Find option is enabled ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pellicle

[ Edited ]

yes, that's what I'd have thought. However when I open the sms the options menus are:

Show open apps.

Forward

Delete

Message details

Move to Folder

Font size >

printing options >

Help

Exit

have restarted the phone twice and dug through other menus to see if I could get it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Just send a trial message with a random no. written there-in to yourself and then open the received message. There you should be able to see that option ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pellicle

very interesting. I did that and automatic find appeared in the menu. Closed that and then opened the other sms and voilla not only could I click on it but automatic find off was now a menu item.

I turned it off and closed and opened that sms but then it was not available!?

Seems that its presence id contingent on the contect of a number being present in the sms

I'm sure that isn't the case with my E63 but I'll need to test that.

Very interesting bug

thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Glad to know its solved now.

BTW, its not necessary that a number should be present in the SMS..but the 'Option' is visible only if the SMS has been sent from a proper mobile no. and not a computer generated SMS or from a number assigned for Marketing, etc. ( in this particular case from Nokia and comes from +TD-Nokia

Please use plain text.