Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E73 where is the my documents folder?! and how...

slikksterr

E73 where is the my documents folder?! and how can I install a flash player...

I am trying to listen to my sirius internet player on my E73 (I have an internet subscription too). It stated I needed an updated flash player (10.1)  from adobe, which I attempted to download. After several tries, I think I did, but it went to the MY DOCUMENTS folder and I have no idea where that is!  Since I can't install the sirius radio AP on this **bleep** phone, is there a better way to listen to streaming audio/video on it??  HELP!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Re: E73 where is the my documents folder?! and how can I install a flash player...

You're better off asking Sirius, but according to http://www.siriusxm.com/faqs#SiriusXMInternetRadio , the only mobile phones supported are Android, some Blackberries, and Apple's various products.  (Windows Mobile and PalmOS/WebOS aren't supported either, so you're not alone.)

The Flash Player 10.1 you're referring to is the version for desktop computers (Windows, Mac, Linux), so Sirius' web site apparently can't tell the difference between Nokia's browser and a Firefox/IE-type browser.  (There apparently is a Flash 10.x for Android now, but a few web searches suggest that it really is too heavyweight for a mobile phone.)  Your (and my) E73 comes with Flash Lite 3.0 in ROM, so there's no updating it except through a firmware update from Nokia.  (At best, expect some bug fixes.)  I forget how it compares to desktop Flash in terms of compatibility, but I've never seen it do streaming-anything, which annoys me, too. :smileysad:

If you did manage to download something from Adobe, use File Manager to check the Downloads folder on either the phone's memory or the SD card.

There are lots of ways to stream music on a Symbian phone...but someone else is better off suggesting software, as I don't typically do that.  If you talk to Sirius tech support, suggest they write a Java-based streaming interface.  I'm a little surprised they haven't done so already, as that would likely serve a lot more customers in one move than their current strategy.

Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Re: E73 where is the my documents folder?! and how can I install a flash player...

What I don't understand is that the main obstacle to getting Sirius has been the inability of phones in general to support a full version of Flash player. Given Apple's overall anathema to Adobe products, how is that they have an app that allows Sirius to be used on Apple products? Is there some version of Flash built in to the Apple app, or more likely, Flash isn't really needed, and it's been the way Sirius has prevented the proliferation of their service onto mobile devices, given that they independently sell receivers. Perhaps there is a different version for Apple devices, or the current version is "fooled" into believing that an Apple device has the necessary software?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Flash is not the point for such apps. It can be used for the user interface, when applicable, but with a service like Sirius, it is about how they encode the audio and which protocol they use to stream it over the net. As long as you have an app that knows the protocol and can decode the audio stream, the UI can be written/created with whatever is most appropriate.

In the Apple iPhone case, the app is a "native" iOS app, and may have been created directly using just Apple's tools and programming language, or it can be code converted to an iOS app (either at the source code level, or just by making the resulting binary compatible without Apple's tools).

So, even if Sirius uses and depends on Flash for PCs, they're not required to depend on it for mobile platforms.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Thank you. Sadly, it seems no one has ever figured it out for Symbian.

Please use plain text.