Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Error deleting photos from E52

moon13
Accepted Solution

Error deleting photos from E52

Hello,

I got the phone from a friend of mine, who took off his memory card. I put a new memory card.

In the gallery there is over 700 images indexed, which does not exist anymore(they were on the old memory card). When I try to delete them I got the following message:"General: System error"

I have tried the following:

- Create a folder named: I:\Images\camera\201006\201006a0 (for June 2010) and placed an image file with the following name: 06062010085.jpg - unsuccessful

- Delete(rename) some files(folders) located in "Private" folder - I read that these files contains the index data - unsuccessful

- Reset the phone to factory settings - unsuccessful

Any other ideas? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kingsimz1

hi mate, you would have to do the three button reset; turn the phone off and then on - and whilst its turning on, hold hte "green call" button, the number 3 and the star button at the same time. and voila. ALL fixed. back to day 1.
E52 - Product code 0585050
UK.
V54.003
Please use plain text.
moon13

It worked!

Thank you!

...now I just have to install everiting from the beginning.

Please use plain text.