Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Frustrating with E7 when connecting to PC

Counsellor
Debhere

Frustrating with E7 when connecting to PC

[ Edited ]

Hi I have Nokia E7, and recently I noticed that whenever I connect this phone to PC either it doesn't detect by the PC, or it detects and within a minute it again disconnected(that message comes in notification area).Nokia suite givs message E7 connected and whenever I want to something file transfer or sync within a minute or so it automatically get disconnected. very frustrating...

I can see that in USB cable mode connection the light blinks and charging is ongoing, but nowhere in my PC I can see the "E7".  This is started just two weeks back, I uninstall everythign, again reinstall nokia suite, pc connectivity software again everything. but no result.

Can someone please help me. I just want to access my phone in Nokia suite mode and want to access my files. If I put my phone into "Mass storage or media transfer mode" I have seen charging has stopped and my phone not detected by the PC.

Any body know what to do please help

I am using windows 7 os.

Thanks

If I have given a solution to your problem then click on the white star is very much appreciated...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

One thing I have noticed with my E7 and connecting it with the computer is that I have my computer and the nokia suite connected to the internet. I had noika suite blocked from accessing the internet, because I just wanted to add some music, and I would get errors everytime I tried. Then I turned off my firewall, and since Nokia suite could now access the internet, it finally worked. Eventhough I wasnt doing anything over the internet.
You might want to check this. Also you might want to see what the Default Programs setting is for the phone. You can check/change this via the control panel.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Debhere

In addition to any possible software issues it is not unknown for microUSB socket upon E7 to become detached from motherboard, which can lead to intermittent connectivity issues in it's early stages as solder joints break down.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Debhere

So are  you suggesting to go to nokiacare? if that si the case then how come certain time its getting connected and charging?

Also one thing i noticed here sometimes when I connect the USB cable and no message pops up like nokissuite connected or something in my phone, but the PC gives message that USB device is not recognized...

i have tried more than 50 times today, sometimes it gets connected and then within  afew seconds it gets disconnected, but most of the time its not connected at all, but charging is ongoing.

Any Nokia developer interested in this thread?

If I have given a solution to your problem then click on the white star is very much appreciated...

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I had a similar problem with my E7 in that Nokia suite could not see the phone when I connected it, removed all the suite incl cable drivers etc & reinstalled several times but with the same result: it would see the phone upon first using NS but next time I had the same problem. Using the cable from my old N97 solved the problem for me & I had no further connectivity problems. It's only since upgrading to Belle that I can now return to using the cable which came with the E7.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.