Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Google search from address bar bug

Counsellor
claudio_b_p

Google search from address bar bug

Hello.

When I want to search for something in google I write what to search in the address bar of the nokia internet browser of my Nokia E7-00. I have a spanish version of Nokia Belle.

I get the google page with the Search word in front of what I wrote to search.

For example: I write "Nokia" and I select Search Nokia on the second row to start the search.

I get a google results page of "Search Nokia" instead of just "Nokia".

Greetings from Paraguay.

Claudio Bogado Pompa.

Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Claudio, Welcome to the Nokia Forums.

Could you please try and plug your device into Nokia Suite via USB and create a back up.

After creating a back up please reinstall the phone software, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

You could also try download another web browsing app by visiting Nokia Store.

Let me know how it goes :smileyhappy:

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

Thanks for you quick reply.

I also noticed that sometimes when I search all the characters in the address bar changes to chinese simbols before showing the results.

I do not see how can I reinstall the software because the OVI suite will detect that I have the latest version of the OS.

Also the Web app is part of the OS. I can not uninstall or reinstall it.

Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Did you try any of the troubleshoots?

Please plug in your device to Nokia Suite and go to software update. you will be able to back up your device and reinstall phone software.

You can download web browser apps from Nokia Suite such as Opera Mini or Firefox.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

I prefer not to install again the software. I have the latest version and I can live with this minor bug.
Today I searched and it worked fine! Maybe the memory was corrupt and after a restart it was fixed.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

I realized that the bug only happens when selecting with the phisical keyboard.
If I select in the touch screen the search query is correct.
The chinese symbols I did not figure when they appear yet.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.