Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: HELP! E6-00 hard reset ( worst phone)

kfa0

HELP! E6-00 hard reset

Hey!

I have difficulties with my new E6-00. It doesnt allow me anything to install, always says "corrupted file". So I checked many forums and i read i have to do a factory/soft/hard reset to solve the problem.

Factory and soft reset was not successful ( *#7780#  and *#7370#), i still have this problem.

As for the hard reset... i am not able to find out how to do it. Google is full with spam and false advices like "hold the call buttons and the camera key" - this mobile doesnt even have a camera key...

So please help me. How to perform a hard reset on E6-00?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: HELP! E6-00 hard reset

From where are these "installers" coming from? Ovi Suite or third parties?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
kfa0

Both of them, i tried everything. Not even the official ovi store client installer works (it ask for an update but fails every time).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Try accessing the Ovi Store via browser on your phone and install Ovi Store from there, or even the apps can be installed from there. Everytime the Ovi Store app pops up, just kill and use the browser until you are able to install ovi store or the apps.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Since_6110

1. go to application manager and uninstall ovi store. restart. go to software updates (in applications), select ovi store then start this update.

2. if 1 does not work, do a soft reset *#7780#

3. if 2 does not work, do 2, then 1

4. if 3 does not work, do a hard reset *#7370# (but back up everything because this will wipe your phone) then check for software updates (as per 1, part b)

Please use plain text.
kfa0

I can not uninstall Ovi Store, it says "uninstall interrupted"...

I tried it after soft and hard reset as well.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You cant uninstall ovi store. You can uninstall its updates though. Try the method I mentioned.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Since_6110

i uninstalled the ovi store by the method i mentioned above and it worked fine. it works 100% now. you can uninstall it in the app manager.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

In other phones versions Ovi Store is firmware embedded though, which would give an uninstall error.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
torosandor

Try Hold down tehe Shift+Space+Back Space key while Power on the phone until nokia logo apear.   This will hard reset your Phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dhanbhi

3 key comb.press Shift+Space+Back Space together and then powe on.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bogdangod

Unfortunately, none of my Nokia E6 Hard Reset code * # xxx # or press Shift + Space + Backspace + Power ON does not work. This is the third crash of my E6, except that now I can turn off the ON / OFF (previously only by removing the battery) - Nokia service was Regenersis Warsaw in Poland, where the system is installed Anna. Now the phone to work only about three minutes and then locks up and there is no time for activation of Hard Reset * # xxx #. The most interesting is that the phone is almost never used because I have two Nokia C7.
Give me another effective method.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bogdangod

Isn't procedure for E6-00 with device off to keep Answer, (call) Reject (call) and Camera buttons all depressed whilst powering on?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bogdangod

@ aspergerguy - it is not this procedure, because Nokia E6 does not have camera button, as is the N8, C7, etc..
WIN !!! After seven days, and more than a hundred different manipulations ran my ailing Nokia E6. I will explain this my case, because the forums have not read, of course, if Admin allows. As I wrote earlier, it was not possible to use the procedures reset * # 7780 # , * # 7370 #  or * # 7070 # and ineffective procedures have also been key "Shift + Space + Back Space and Power ON" and " * + 3 + green phone + Power ON ".
  I wrote earlier that the phone was active for only a few minutes, the measurement of 2min 21sek to 3min 57sek , and ended its activities or the F-Secure or on the first screen. Probably none of these procedures were not effective due to the short time since the system will first make a copy and then Delete. I must also say that Service Nokia Care (Regenersis Warsaw) refused to help me saying: "I'm sorry, but virtually we can not help you ..."
  I decided to go back to the standard procedure in the phone, the "Menu> Settings> Phone> Phone management> Factory settings> Delete data and restore." The problem to fit in the available time was my personal long security code.
  Against all actions, for the safety of the phone took out the memory card, which I had stored backups performed every week and performed every 2 months full backup and the phone via a PC running Nokia Suite 3.6.36, was connected to the Internet. As a result, after a short while to reset the phone and started the installation procedure (probably from disk "Z") software system Anna v. 025.007 (previously I had v.021.014).
  To my surprise the phone asked for access to another phone via Bluetooth (in this case had on hand Nokia C7-00 sys. Belle) which took contacts, email account settings and e-mail, news, and more. When you insert a memory card into the phone returned dozens of applications, but around 100 applications and I have to get through some back pay. Finally, the Nokia Suite installation proposed Belle for E6-00, but I decided not to because the system Belle for Nokia E6 has a very bad reviews on the internet and also a lot of applications that I bought the Nokia Store is not available for the system Belle.
Sorry for quite a long description.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bogdangod

Glad that you have a working device again, but I can confirm that the Shift, Space and Backspace combination whilst powering on does not work for the E6-00!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bogdangod

Thank you for your interest. Nokia E6 works very well, but unfortunately, my Nokia C7-system Belle was next, already the third crash, this time mechanical (not working screen lock switch and turn on the flashlight). Will be sent to the site in Warsaw, NOKIA, how you learned the need to replace the housing and reinstall the system Belle - after such a requirement manufacturer Nokia. Installation of the new will, I'll have to reinstall about 150 applications purchased from the Nokia Store. After the repair probably sell Nokia E6 and C7-Belle. For now, my other works flawlessly Nokia C7 with PR1.1 system bought as used - I do not know how long. In addition, I bought a new phone Samsung GT-I9100 S2, but do not know what S2 so that users rave about - not comment. Admin Sorry for the long post and I wish you the same good news as Nokia and users to that mobile is not spoiled.

Please use plain text.
ameer_m21

it is the useless phone by nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Thanks for your pointless comment,if you have nothing constructive to say ,dont say anything.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bogdangod

Re: HELP! E6-00 hard resetN

I do not think a bad phone E6 - quite the contrary. Owner of Nokia phones for several years with small breaks for Sony-Erickson and LG but I never had any problems with my first smartphone Nokia E61 and E71. Nokia E6 corresponded to my requirements except the lack of autofocus on the camera. A month ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and for E6 and C7 is a real top shelf. Unfortunately, some purchased apps in Android Market do not work because I need to have ROOT, ROOT but I can not install because I lose my warranty - this sick situation on Android. I am considering buying this year Nokia with Windows but not Nokia Lumia 920 because there is no slot for microSD and is too angular and being big - wait for Nokia Lumia 822. I hope that the Windows in smartphones, the software will solve all problems.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

ameer_m21 wrote:

it is the useless phone by nokia.

If you are having issues with your Nokia phone, feel free to post it here. There are many forum users who are willing to help through giving out resolutions, ideas and suggestions. You can also contact Nokia Support to assist you.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.