Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

HOW TO RESET E51 ?

HOW TO RESET E51 ?

Can anyone tell me how to reset the phone? my keypad is locked and I can't unlock it?

help please...........
Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

Re: HOW TO RESET E51 ?

if the keypad is locked, have u tried pressing the left selection key then *?

if u have, is the phone prompting u for a code? if its asking for a security code, try using 12345 which is the default code but if u've changed it, then use the code u have changed too
if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.

Hi,

Try these:

- remove battery and put it back.
- Download latest firmware
to your E51. http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163

- Pele -
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi i have the same problem - and none of the keys work - how do you do a hard reset - and what will it effect?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Please use plain text.
sbusiso

how do you do a hard reset on E51  - and what will it effect?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Brutanox

Format the device by dialling *#7370#. The device will request a security code, the default code is 12345 unless you have changed it.

Note that formatting will delete all user data from the device memory so always make a back-up to a memory card or use Nokia PC Suite.

Please use plain text.
mani000

i have problem with security code , my security code have been changed but i don't know. How can i reset original code or another code? Please help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mani000 wrote:
i have problem with security code , my security code have been changed but i don't know. How can i reset original code or another code? Please help

ONLY way to get it Reset to the default 12345 is thru' Nokia Care. A proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) may be asked...

Please use plain text.