Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Hotmail not working on Nokia Messaging

Contributor

I agree butterbeanmash - they are totally out of their depth. 

Guess what?  You know how nokia keep telling us to change the password to "solve" this problem?  Now email.nokia.com is DOWN and careline can't tell me when it will be up again.  When pressed, they 'sigh' audibly.  This total lack of interest and professionalism from the company is shocking.  Meantime, no emails of course and are they going to cover the cost of the package I have with my service provider for this?  Nokia needs to WAKE UP and be held accountable. 

Please use plain text.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem with the nokia messaging and my hotmail account. It does not sync anymore and I have never changed my username and password. I checked with the nokia careline and they are totally clueless.

I tried to delete my account, reinstalled the nokia messaging from Nokia's website and also directly with the 3G connection on my phone, tried to update my password, checked all the settings again and again .... and it's not working.

(it was all OK for about 2 months, and it stopped working all of a sudden. This is very annoying and is a waste of time.

I was hesitating between a N86 and an I-Phone .... next time I won't buy a Nokia product anymore. Had too many problems 

with the N86 (sent it back twice to Nokia repair : Camera was not working, slide was not working properly, ... software problems, .... too much !!!)

Now I'm giving up and I'm going to sell this mobile mess called N86.

Thanks for all the comments (at least I saw I'm not the only one having this problem with Nokia-Hotmail).

Please use plain text.

To be fair, mine's been working since I posted my complaint earlier.

The key seems to have been changing the passwod on the Nokia email site rather than on my phone (which also worked, but very temporarily).

Could've been co-incidence too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

InBC2 - I hope it stays working for you.  Let me say that I've been there ... ie, the problem seems to have been solved ... but in the 10 months or so I've been using nokia messaging, the problem has recurred several times (nothwithstanding the last 72 hours where I've had to reset the password over 10 times - I kid you not!).  Judging by the number of posts on this topic, just reinforces the company;s inability to not only solve the technical problem, but it's complete failure in communicating in a professional manner to its customers.  Sad
Please use plain text.
Employee

http://blogs.nokia.com/messaging/index.php/2009/11/16/windows-live-hotmail-service-notification/

We are actively working on resolving this, and some interim fixes are posted in this blog post. We apologize for the problem.

Nokia Messaging Team 

Please use plain text.

Thanks for update! My NM is back now.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hi Davis,

There is nothing posted on the link in your message.

Please provide the correct link.

NM is still not working.

Message Edited by tish77 on 17-Nov-2009 11:21 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
alun_rodgers

Hi Tish77,

The link seems to work when I follow it, is the website being blocked by a firewall?

Once the instructions are followed, the service resumes and has been working ok since Friday evening in the UK.

Alun.

N8-00 (Product Code: 059C5Q8 (UK Generic)) FW Belle (111.030.0609.377.01)
Orange 5.1, NK702, 7110, 8310, 7250, 6230, N70, N95-1, N86 8MP, N8-00
Please use plain text.

Hi Nokia Staff

Still I can not use my hotmail in  Nokia Messaging Servis.And As I understand from this forum pages, You couldnt solve this problem. Do I misunderstand due to lack of my english???

If so anyone can send me private email about what I can do ?   aydinhaldun@hotmail.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

This is a Hotmail generated problem, so finally I am shifting all email across to Google.  Microsoft are always messing about, basically they don't want you pushing email...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Download and use free SEVEN Pushmail. They are struggling with MS Hotmail/Live "moving target" for a last couple of weeks too, it is defenetly MS related issue. But seems like they react to issues much faster than Nokia email team. With SEVEN you get issues resolved the same very day. However, their interface sucks comparing to Nokia's. But they are more reliable. So I have both on my phone :smileywink: Nokia for weekends and SEVEN for work.

Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Dave,

what about for an E71. How do i resolve the problem? Your link didn't specify E71. Also, which screen do you go to options from? the nokia messaging screen?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
em007kay

Hello,

My Hotmail account has stopped working on my Nokia E63's Nokia Messaging.  My Gmail account works there without any problems but I stopped receiving new messages on Hotmail. 

Is there a problem with Hotmail's servers?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi. Have you tried resetting up the email on your phone? Are you able to send e-mails using this account?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.