Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to Transfer all contacts from 9210 to 9500

Contributor

How to Transfer all contacts from 9210 to 9500

I have been using Nokia 9210 since long, and now recently got Nokia 9500. Please advise how can I transfer all my contacts from 9210 to 9500 ? While searching on the net, I came across an article stating usage of some software called DATA MOVER. One has to install this software in 9210, and then transfer all the contacts to 9500 through IR. From where can I download this DATA MOVER software ? Or if there is some other solution, please let me know. Please note I do NOT have cable of 9210, so I will have to use IR for transfering the data. Thanks

Omar S Chaudhry
DigiMart
Omar S Chaudhry
DigiMart
Pakistan
Mob: 0092-321-4001299
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: How to Transfer all contacts from 9210 to 9500

In your new 9500 you have a data mover use that to import data from 9210
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Whenever I try to use the Data Mover through IR, the link is established and transfer of data starts. But after reaching 5% it stops, then after that nothing happens further.

Please advise
Omar S Chaudhry
DigiMart
Pakistan
Mob: 0092-321-4001299
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

try deleting all irrelevant data from 9210 prior to the transfer and battery boot the device just prior to the data mover use.

If no help, can you syncronise your 9210 to PC/Outlook and then sync everything from Outlook to 9500
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

Make sure that both devices are set to the same home city and that the time is set properly. Might improve things?

Using Data Mover is the way to go, see page 80 of the 9500 manual.

SR
Please use plain text.