Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to master reset E71?

Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to master reset E71?

Hey all..my phone list is screwed up....i was trying to rename all my contacts because it's screwed when I transferred my sim from my previous SE phone to E71..there some contacts in which I cannot delete and some just went blank and cannot be edited or seen..so weird!!

So I wanted to master reset this whole phone..but I searched the whole phone but to my surprise it doesn't have one! It has the Factory Reset.. but that is useless..

Also I was thinking of updating firmware..but there is no new firmware so that I can format this whole phone..

Is it possible to reinstall the firmware? If so, how would one go about to do that?

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nuno_pereira

Re: How to master reset E71?

You can format your phone by typing *#7370#.
If you want to reinstall your firmware, just download Nokia Software Updater from Nokia's page, and plug in your phone.. it will say that your phone's firmware is up to date, and ask you if you want to reinstall it. Just remember, you must have "General" profile on, and full battery.
Nokia E65
Rm-208
v-3.0633.96.00

Nokia Ld3-W

Nokia N73
Rm133
v-4.0812.4.2.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I typed #7370# then pressed the center button and it says "Send Service Command" then it goes "Requesting" then "Request not completed"

As for the Nokia Software Updater.. I just did that and it doesn't say anywhere where I can reinstall the firmware. It says "No software updates available for your phone." "Try Again" Cancel"

=(
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

u have to follow these steps

*#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default
*#7370# - Reformat your phone

Phone reset code: *#7370# with lock code 12345
12345 is the default code but if evu changed it then put in ur new code
Articles posted courtesy engadget

keep us updated about the progress.... if u like wat I have to offer then click on khudos.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hmm do you have to do the Factory Default first? I tried just now. It says the same thing I just posted up there if you haven't read it.

I doubt you need to default it when you're going to format anyways? =S

Message Edited by elton5354 on 10-Nov-2008 06:55 AM
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

yes fisrt u have to have the factory settings...... then close all network connections and then finally.......

1)Back up ur phone memory on ur memory card.
2)Then restore ur phone to factory settings by *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default.
3)Remove ur memory card and put phone on general profile.
4)enter *#7370# than the phone format it self when done it reboots it self when thats done shut the phone done for 2 minutes than switch on the phone and u are done

keep us updated about the progress.... if u like wat I have to offer then click on khudos.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It still says "Request not completed"
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

Then the only option left is to update your phone:

Nokia E71 software version 110.07.127 released - 10 November 2008

This software release includes a new versions of Mail For Exchange and Nokia Maps. The release also includes a number of performance improvements including camera viewfinder orientation, Mail for Exchange synchronisation and browsing. Please note that if you have encrypted your device or memory card, decrypt it before the software update to avoid possible data loss.

If you want to reinstall/update your firmware, just download Nokia Software Updater from Nokia's page, and plug in your phone.. it will say that your phone's firmware is up to date or a new versionis available and ask you if you want to reinstall/update it. Just remember, you must have "General" profile on, and full battery.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes. I have tried that also but to my demise, it does not work either! And no where does it say I can reinstall my current one..I downloaded both the latest Suit PC and Software Updater as well.. I'm sooo frustrated..

Is it my phone that's the problem? I checked this site - http://europe.nokia.com/A4577224 - to see if my phone can update a new software and I put my phone's code..and it says "Sorry, there is no software currently available for that product code via the Nokia Software Update tool.". The code is 0560637..
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Oh I just read this thread.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=29865

His E71 also doesn't have the updated firmware yet..I guess I have to live with having a unworkable contact list for a bit..hopefully will come out soon!
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

if nothing is working so now it better to take ur phone to its maker i.e nokia service center and ask them to do the needfull.........

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Since the firmware for my CODE works now.. I just updated it..and works whoopie!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nuno_pereira

I've noticed that you typed the wrong format code..

I said you must type: *#7370# , but you typed #7370#.. try it just to confirm.. when it asks if you're sure, just say no.. And then post the results..
Nokia E65
Rm-208
v-3.0633.96.00

Nokia Ld3-W

Nokia N73
Rm133
v-4.0812.4.2.1
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

How to master reset my E71

I have forgotten the password for my E71(E71-1) and it comes on when i put my battery. Pls can some give me a guide or code on how to reformat n reset the phone cos i have tried the *#7370#,*#7780#,dailling 112 or 911,even pressing the call button,3 n # togeda still it hasnt worked...pls am in need SOMEONE shld help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
moideenj

getting error nowebgate reply

dear sir

wen trying to open google getting error no webgate reply  pls advise me how to solv this prob

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deep9

Re: getting error nowebgate reply

Happy day! Please install good software as Opera, UC Browsers and etc. then open google sites. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zamanjauffer

i fgtn my scrty code .......

i fgtn my scrty code .wt shall i do nw ?i cnt reset my phone .pls hlp me.... rply
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bombasticb

I have an old E71 that I want to pass on to my mother. I want to start from fresh with none of the old settings or data on board I tried a code I found on an earlier discussion but it then asked for a lock code. What do I need to do?

Please use plain text.
beeterdale

These codes do not work with a Nokia E71. You can try to hit the home key, then tools then settings then general and select factory settings. It will change everything visible back to factory, but when your memory is screwed up, your screwed. The Nokia E71 is basically a disposable phone, and once the phone memory is acting strange there is no way to fix it. If you bought a Nokia, you can be comforted knowing that you will never make that mistake again. Toss it in the trash, and buy any phone NOT made by Nokia. They are bankrupt for a reason!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
barbieshona

hi sir i need nokia e 71 security code

Please use plain text.