Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Transfer photos

Contributor
gavacho
Accepted Solution

How to transfer photos from E63 to PC?

This should be easy to find, but I must be a complete dunce because I can't find it in the user's manual or anywhere else. How does one transfer photos from the phone to a PC using the USB cable. I emailed support about this, but the only replies I got were one, to install Nokia Ovi Suite on the PC, which is not a good solution, because often it is necessary to transfer photos to computers that don't have that software installed. Or second, to connect using mass storage mode. The problem with that is that mass storage mode can only access the memory card, but the camera stores the photos in phone memory. I was able to successfully download a few photos by clicking on options/organize which gave the option of moving the photo to the memory card from where it could be downloaded. Now however, I find that that option has disappeared for recent photos, and options/organize only offers the option of "create new folder". Can anyone tell me how to perform the simple task of transferring my photos to a PC? (I don't have Bluetooth).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: How to transfer photos from E63 to PC?

You can set in options of the camera to use the memory card for storage. In the File Mgr. you can mark a file and copy or move it to the memory card in a specific folder.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gavacho

Thanks for the reply. Under settings/applications/camera/image/memory in use , it says "Card unavailable" Is there some other place to set the option of saving photos to the memory card?

In the file manager, it offers the option of moving the image to any location in the phone memory, but I cannot find any way to move it to the memory card. Could you tell me how to do this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nwbear

If you use PC Suite, there is an option "Image Store" to sync photos and videos to your PC as well.  You can set it to automatically backup when the phone is connected and PC Suite is running.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gavacho

The problem I have with the PC Suite suggestion, is that it requires PC Suite to be installed on the computer that I use to download the photos. Is there no way to download the photos at an internet cafe, friend's house, etc.?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gavacho

It seems to me that the crux of the issue is that the camera is saving the photos to the phone memory instead of the memory card. This doesn't make sense since the phone memory has a small capacity, and the large file size of photos would quickly consume it. Can anyone tell me how to get it to save the photos to the memory card? As I responded to, Hamassa, I tried tools/settings/applications/camera/image/memory in use , but this shows "Card unavailable".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

[ Edited ]

In that case there's a problem with your card. It might be corrupted or not available. Press the red end key and choose remove card from the menu. Reinsert the card , you hear a bleep. Reformat the card in the phone.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gavacho

Restarting the phone fixed the problem. Now I can save to the memory card. That's the first thing I should have tried, just like with Windows, duh. Thanks for the help and sorry for the bother.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dessie1

hi, I have exactly the same problem with my memory card. Can you clarify what is the red end button that you are referring to please?

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

It's the key on the right hand side of the E63's hardware keyboard, The second key down just below the screen, With a picture of a little red phone on it. It's the key that is used to switch/power on the E63, And is also used to cancel or end a phone call, And can be used to take you straight back to the home screen from where ever you happen to be in the phones at that moment in time.

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MissMuffett

Transfer photos

I have just bought an ASHA 300 today.  What do I need to transfer photos to PC please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Transfer photos

MissMuffett wrote:

I have just bought an ASHA 300 today.  What do I need to transfer photos to PC please?

Presuming that you have a compatible USB to microUSB connecting cable, just connect your Asha 300 in "mass storage" mode when it behaves as a Windows USB mass storage device; you may get prompt to install Nokia/Ovi Suite upon PC which ofers more services but not essential for transfer of photos.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.