Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

I forgot my E51 phone lock password.

Registered Member

I activated E51's phone lock. I knew my password for a while. I switched off my mobile. When I switched it on, It asked for the phone lock, however when I put in the phone lock, it says wrong code.

How can I reset my phone lock? I cannot go beyond the Insert Lock Code???

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: I forgot my E51 phone lock password.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=58

read this it might give you an idea of what to do and what is possible  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Take your phone to a nokia care point along with proof of purchase/ownership and they will reset the code to it's default (12345).

This may also cause all of your data to be erased.  

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Please use plain text.
Professor
hendikoischnur

Or you might try hard-resetting your phone. Same as taking it to a care point except you can count on the fact that it WILL erase all of your data and you don´t have to wait for it. Regards, Hendikoischnur
IT will paint our future - either green or black
* ecosia, the eco-friendly search engine (powered by Yahoo/Bing/WWF);
* Searching for pics online? Try ecocho.eu or treehoo.com
* For those who don´t want to miss Google: Try znout.de - it´s Google running on green energy
* CO2-free chatting: Try Jabber-server.de (running on 100% waterpower)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Hard resetting doesn't wipe the security code on all models.  Can you confirm if the E51 is one of the model that does get it's code reset during a hard reset?

Also when mentioning the hard reset it's wise to actually show the procedure (or link to it) so that new users know what you are talking about.

Hard reset (all user data and user added programs will be wiped):

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, hold the power button for a second to switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia hands logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.

It may take a few attempts and very flexible fingers.

Message Edited by psychomania on 01-Apr-2009 03:55 PM
Please use plain text.
Professor
hendikoischnur

Hi,

no. I never actually owned an E51. On my E61, a hard reset wiped the security code as well as everything else. Apparently, on the E71 the hard reset code is a different one, so I'm not sure about the code for E51.
Regards,

Hendikoischnur
IT will paint our future - either green or black
* ecosia, the eco-friendly search engine (powered by Yahoo/Bing/WWF);
* Searching for pics online? Try ecocho.eu or treehoo.com
* For those who don´t want to miss Google: Try znout.de - it´s Google running on green energy
* CO2-free chatting: Try Jabber-server.de (running on 100% waterpower)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mastercodee51

yes i forget my e51 phone lock password

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry about that..and the answer is already provided in 'Message 3' above ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hainazer

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

If the default code which is 12345 will not work, it's best to follow the advice given by Psychomania. Refer to message 3 of this thread.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

> Take your phone to a nokia care point along with proof of purchase/ownership and they will reset the code to it's default (12345).

Sometimes the owner just doesn't have the purchase proof but with his/her genuine Nokia device in hand, the Nokia Point won't help in any way?
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.