Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lost contacts - E71 MFE Server conflict

Lost contacts - E71 MFE Server conflict

Hi,

I am very upset. Having just set up Mail for Exchange on my E71 and synched my email, contacts, calendar etc., I have now lost all my phone contacts. I can only assume that this happened because of the setting: 'In case of conflict': Server wins.

I  thought a conflict was where there were different entries for the same thing on the phone and server, e.g. Yoga at 3pm/Yoga at 3.15pm, or John 07895678345/John 07888991222. But apparently its a conflict if I have hundreds of contacts in my phone and one in my Outlook!

Is there likely to be any way to retrieve this data? Does E71 have some kind of recycle bin or equivalent? Would the MFE server have logs containing info deleted due to conflict?

Thanks,
Lee

Please use plain text.

Re: Lost contacts - E71 MFE Server conflict

I've just realised the cause - the DEFAULT SETTING is that on initial sync of contacts to delete items already on phone!!! (Other option is to keep them) Who chose that ridiculous contacts deleting default? Thanks Nokia.

Would still appreciate advice on possible retention methods, although I'm losing hope...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey, I am in the same soup as you are :smileysad:. I agreee this is a bone  headed design. Were you able to retrieve your contacts though?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

From the SIM card.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
P_Kumar

I have an E72 and I am in the same boat now. Any solutions for this? I desparately want to retrieve my phone contacts!

Please use plain text.