Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Low Memory.

Advisor
himeshshah

Low Memory.

After setting for Mail for Exchange, my Nokia E7 phone shows low memory.

I checked C Memory & there are only important files & that too of small sizes. All major Applications are installed in Mass Memory only.

Is “Low Memory” issue due to Mail for Exchange? If so, is it possible to transfer / change the data of Mail Exchange to Mass Memory instead of Phone Memory? How?
Appreciate all the help.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ranaprashant

[ Edited ]

I had this problem in my Nokia E72, hope its relevant.

go to office>file manager>phone memory>logs>eng>ods

are there multiple files. click on options select all and delete. if the no of files is quite large it will take a very long time to delete. or you can select 30-40 files and delete and then check the space. if the free space increases then you need to delete all.

also try updating your firmware.

Also checkout this thread http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/c-memory-low-on-Nokia-E7-00/m-p/1588222#M1...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
himeshshah

Dear RP,

Thanks for your suggestions, I sincerely appreciate.

Yes, I have latest & most updated software installed.

Since the platform (Symbian Belle) is totally different, I am unable to find any log files as per your suggestion.  In case if you are able to give me more details, I will be very much thankful.

Yes, I have already viewed the discussion but unable to do anything as I was not able to trace such files.

With kind regards,

Himesh.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Unfortunately it's not possible to move the Mail for exchange data from C: phone memory to mass memory in your E7-00. If you have a lot of emails and calendar data, it could fill the phone memory. You can check the FAQ below for help how to free some memory:

What can I do if my phone memory is low?

Check also that the memory full message doesn't come because of a large number of applications active at the same time. Rebooting of the phone would then fix the problem.

Please use plain text.