Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: MS Word email attachments do not open on my E6

Counsellor
rancebobo

MS Word email attachments do not open on my E6

When I receive a MS Word attachment via email and try to open it, I get a "Unable to open. Attachment file not supported" message. When I use QuickOffice and access my Dropbox, I can open any document and make edits. Does anyone have an idea what could be happening? Just some background info, here in the  US the MS App update and Belle Refresh has not been made available so I working with initial Belle release to the E6.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

have you tried downloading and using Picsel Smart Office that is available in the Nokia Store for your device? I used that on my N8 on Belle and found it to be much better than MS Apps / Office and QuickOffice.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rancebobo

Thanks for the suggestion but Picsel is not compatible with the E6
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

only other way i can think of is to access your email from built-in web browser or Opera Mini then save the file to your internal memory or external memory card, and then open it from there.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rancebobo

Thanks that worked, I dont know why I did not try that before. I wish there was a way to just open it in the email client, well at least the PDF can be opened.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

its a workaround, but glad to hear that its working for you now mate :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.