Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Maps Gone on E6-00

Counsellor
DESe6

Maps Gone on E6-00

Help,  I was recently in Nokia Store and noticed that there was a Maps update available for my phone.  I don't remember which version I was running.  When I tried the update it started out with a screen that said:

"You are now getting several new map apps for your phone, and we also made you some cool new homescreen widgets."

Within a few minutes, the following error appeared:

"Sorry, we currently have network problems, please try again later."

I retried several times with the same results.  I tried the update again the following day thinking the problem was with Nokia's network but I got the same results.  I tried again the next day (now three days in a row) and got the same error. The next morning (today), I noticed that the Nokia Maps application is completely gone.  I have no Map application at all.  I am not talking about downloaded country maps, I am talking about the actual Nokia Map application and widgets. 

I have tried to redownload the Nokia Map application from the Nokia Store several times but I get the same results as above with the same error.  How can I get the Nokia Map application back?  This is the only reason I stay with Nokia. 

I am currently running:

E6-00

Symbian Anna (No, don't tell me to update to Belle)

Software Version: 021.014

SW Ver Date: 2011-05-26

Custom Ver: 021.014.217.01

Custom Ver Date: 2011-05-26

Language Set: 021.014.01.01

Product Code: 059J225

Type RM-609

Regards,

Darin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy